Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to mogadore today, first time there in a boat. we launched at the Lansinger road launch. It was ok but i was not impressed. Headed out to the left of the launch (south, west ,east, north? I dont know I dont have compass). Anyhow we were out for about three hours and never got so much as a bite. When we goy back to the ramp some lady was sunning herself on the launch dock as her husband(or whoever he may be was fishing from the launch as I was backing the trailer in and my girlfriend was trying to giude the boat on. My friend tells me Mogadore is great but I wasnt impressed. The road to the launch sucks and so did the fishing!$

·
still_luv_sunfish'n
989 Posts
Went to mogadore today, first time there in a boat. we launched at the Lansinger road launch. It was ok but i was not impressed. Headed out to the left of the launch (south, west ,east, north? I dont know I dont have compass). Anyhow we were out for about three hours and never got so much as a bite. When we goy back to the ramp some lady was sunning herself on the launch dock as her husband(or whoever he may be was fishing from the launch as I was backing the trailer in and my girlfriend was trying to giude the boat on. My friend tells me Mogadore is great but I wasnt impressed. The road to the launch sucks and so did the fishing!$
as with any spot ,the mog must be learned.It is a horrible lake for the person who tries it once.or twice ,or more sometimes.(but even someone with little to no skills such as myself) It has its days.--------where I live I have 2 choices mog/springfield.out of those choices I find mog easier for the beginnner.and if you truely hav skills I cant find any reason why u shouldnt limit on bass.I catch 1 a day and im a blugiller.----------------------akron is a little laxed on the rules ( its laid back,that attracts me)most people will move if you ask.please do not take this personal,but sometimes it is not the lake.there are good and bad on every lake........................................................

·
Akron
2,435 Posts
Yep the roads and ramps are bad. There are lots of rude people. And there are no fish to be caught. So I suggest that everyone (but me) boycott and refuse to go there.

·
Ohio Angler
714 Posts
The funny thing is the road into the Lansinger launch has actually been graded - and new gravel dumped right at the launch. And a local Boy Scout troop installed new docks at the ramp this spring - so imagine what it was like BEFORE the improvements!

I'm with Leeabu - the lake isn't really known as one of the best bass lakes in northern Ohio and it's not worth the time to fish ;)

I'll see ya'll out there this week :D

Bob

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm with leebu and erter. I was out there friday. it just keeps getting worse. I could barely go 10mph down lansinger and had to slow down for giant potholes in at least THREE spots. Bad lake. Stay away.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm with you guys Moggy is a horrible bass lake, roads suck, and people are just down right ignorant. I am so glad that we are able to warn those who are considering going there.:D
P.S. I will be out tommorrow lol ;)

·
Akron
2,435 Posts
If only they would reinstate the $40 launch permit. That would limit the traffic of poeple who do not appreciate the fishery. I think I will go to Lansinger road tonight and dig more potholes!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nowadays Mogadore can drive even the most seasoned pan fisherman nuts. The panfish seemed to be stunted. Fished that lake since i was a kid and the hot spots are getting harder and harder to find. The city of Akron has steadily neglected its obligations to the resevoir year after year and it's starting to show. I remember when the city used to have a pontoon boat w/ a weed chopper attached to it and would go out everyday and clear over grown weedy areas! I believe they turned it over to the state to look after. It's still a fantastic bass & catfish lake, but the days of bucket loads of slab gill, crappie & jumbo perch i believe are over for now. Hope the state does a serious study into the health of the resevoir, it is a peaceful and quiet place to fish.

Take an extra battery and keep on the move until you find a good spot. All those dink gills make great cat bait w/ a chicken liver chaser. I usally fish the edge of large weed beds in bays for cats (the weed beds are everywhere now). Dont give up they ARE out there!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is it really that bad? I was thinking of going to Mogodore tomorrow for some bass fishing... I hope its not a complete waste of time!

·
still_luv_sunfish'n
989 Posts
Is it really that bad? I was thinking of going to Mogodore tomorrow for some bass fishing... I hope its not a complete waste of time!
no Its actually pretty good. the bgils are smaller than they used to be ,but the bass is good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts