Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Mogadore this Morning. Found a nice cove out of the wind (it was fierce). Caught/Released a few nice perch using pinman and minnow. Actually caught 2 Muskie (16-18") they were small but put up nice fight on my ultralight. Talked to the Ranger he told me they stocked Muskie about 15-20 years ago. Last year he said they netted a lot of 18-20" muskie when they were sampling to see what species were in the resevoir. It's nice to see that they are still reproducing. Any one catch any big Muskie at Mogadore?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Went to Mogadore this Morning. Found a nice cove out of the wind (it was fierce). Caught/Released a few nice perch using pinman and minnow. Actually caught 2 Muskie (16-18") they were small but put up nice fight on my ultralight. Talked to the Ranger he told me they stocked Muskie about 15-20 years ago. Last year he said they netted a lot of 18-20" muskie when they were sampling to see what species were in the resevoir. It's nice to see that they are still reproducing. Any one catch any big Muskie at Mogadore?
No ones gonna believe you about the Ski's!:D

Ive read that there was some in there but so many believe otherwise. Some like to call them grass pike!;)

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................................as one of the Laugh-In characters might say: (think it was Artie Johnson)

Veeddy In-ta-vest-ing.

I dont know anything about muskie procreation. Can say that based on the Sportsman Connection book, 2001, there is no Magadore stocking since 1975......and there are muskie in the lake.

Could be a sleeper lake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts