Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what happened to the swans at Mogadore and Nimisila? I remember huge flocks at both lakes a few years ago. I haven't seen any this year.

By the way, I was out at Nimi today, I launched from the Nimisila Rd ramp and fished near the island and the dam. Caught a few feeper bluegills and redear, but mostly dinks. They liked pinmins with waxworms, about 3 to 5 foot deep. Anyone caught walleye this year?

·
Here's your sign!
26 Posts
Never had much luck with Walleye out there. I can normally grab a couple small bass outta there but really struggling this year.

G

·
Does anyone know what happened to the swans at Mogadore and Nimisila? I remember huge flocks at both lakes a few years ago. I haven't seen any this year.

By the way, I was out at Nimi today, I launched from the Nimisila Rd ramp and fished near the island and the dam. Caught a few feeper bluegills and redear, but mostly dinks. They liked pinmins with waxworms, about 3 to 5 foot deep. Anyone caught walleye this year?

Yes I have caught some Walleye this year, pm me. I haven't seen the swans either, they tend to hang out by C-5 in the back cove, I do know there is an Eagles nest on the back side were Nimisila creek feeds the lake.

·
useless poster
8,806 Posts
seen plenty of swans at long lake during duck season. maybe they head farther north for summer.never seen one in the summer months in ohio.

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
I haven't seen them at Nimi either. Lake Anna has a stray male that flew in trying to court the two city owned females but I have no idea if it was one from Nimi.
That eagles nest on the double telephone poles failed this year according to the ODNR. The osprey's are doing fine.
Only one walleye for me. Been on the lake twice in the boat this year.

·
Ohio Bassman
499 Posts
I saw a few swans a couple weeks ago while bass fishing at Nimi. They're still around. Last year I saw one fly into one of the sets of power lines and fall into the water. Pretty sure he broke a wing... Felt kinda bad for him!

·
Saved Fish
247 Posts
Actually, I have seen more swans on Nimi this year than last. Just last week I saw a flock (?) of 6 of them just North west of the campground (in the shallow bay on the campground side of the lake.)
Saddened to hear that one of them crashed and burned after hitting a powerline. :(

I have to agree with RamboRob... Nimi has been a disappointment to me this year. I have been skunked out there more times than I care to admit this year. (My wife is now bringing a book along when we go to Nimi... she is too bored to keep soaking plastics with nothing to show for it.)

-OS

·
Registered
152 Posts
stop at nimi 5 til 6pm in the evening manage to pull out four 2 pounders in one hour at the south end on shore. the three guys next to me pull out one each and their about the same size. it was a pretty good day.

·
fishn and flyn
517 Posts
There are about 5-6 that hang out around CLR. I see them about every morning. I do have to admit I haven't seen as many as years past. I have been chased a few times while spring gill fishing. The few off of 532 north of Mogadore in the spill way have disapeared also unless they are not there on my few trips by. Would like to know what drove them off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts