close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mogadore help

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by piscator, Jun 14, 2004.

1. I fly fished Mogadore Sun. Morning with little luck. Can anyone help? I am most interested in Bluegills/panfish. Any general areas or depths that are the key. How do you generally catch them with any tactics. Depth/bait? Any help appreciated. I will be glad to reciprocate w/any info on the areas I generally fish. Thanks

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

are you fishing mainly from shore or boat and what size gills do you want to catch? if from boat, target the outside edges of the weeds in a little deeper water. try a nymph patern in around a size ten. if you are from shore, i'd wait till late afternoon and fish a few areas off the dyke rd. that have pockets in the weeds. a dry fly patern, like a mosqitio would work well. Also, a place to try from shore would be off of 43, to the side of the dock. Good luck, i hope it helps some. If all else fails, try a dug worm!

3. bgpark1

bgpark1 Catching and Releasing

Always have slaughtered the gills off 43 wading and using a flyrod... once some guy and his family were fishing there been there for couple hours and had a few very small ones... i entered the water down from them fish about an hour and a half had at least 15 big gills on the stringer... they were amazed and the boys were disappointed so i gladly handed over the fish and went home feeling good.

so invest 40 bones to get a flyrod kit weigh forward line for beginners... invest in small white poppers..... and pow.... gills and crappie galor!!