Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Akron
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since early June I have been able to reliably get big Bass on a Texas rigged Yum Dinger. Saturday I could not buy a fish on the Yum Dinger so I started thowing a deep crankbait. I was getting stiikes but not hookin up. I switched to a chrome lipless crankbait and it was on. I had 15 Bass all 19 to 21 inches and I missed that many more. This was off the end of one hump in 14 foot of water. Went back Sunday and I could see the bait fish and the Bass on the Humminbird down imaging in 14 foot of water. I threw a Yum Dinger, deep crankbait bumping the bottom, swim bait, slow rolled a 3/4 oz spinner bait, lipless crank bait. Nothing! Then I threw the lipless crankbait and let it settle to the bottom. I would then rip it up and let it fall. I imediatly got 6 fish in the 17 to 19 in range. All anchored in 14 foot of water. I knew the fish were there, I just had to give em what they wanted. This was the middle of the afternoon swith no wind to boot.

·
Registered
274 Posts
man i wish i could patteren fish like that. i fished berlin today in a small club turny and ony picked up two fish. couldnt find any on any ledges.

·
Akron
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All my fish were in the deep water off of ledges not on them.

·
still_luv_sunfish'n
989 Posts
i was wondering where your reports wrer this year. i still have those hooks and plastics yiou gave me last year...I threw them at a private pond in medina on my only fishing trip so far this year. didnt have any luck so i switched to a spinner and nailed 11. all small but legal size...(not bad for a blugiller) ....well good luck...just kiddin i know it aint luck:)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Good Job Leeabu,
way to pattern those fish, I hate when you know they are there and it seems like it just has to be the right lure to get them to bite.
Other days they might tear everything up that you throw their way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts