Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Time to fish!
4,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
caught i dink bass and had something huge on troling in 17 foot of water with a gold reef runner but it snaped off the line was freyed at the end so probly something with teeth but it felt heavy nice day to be out

·
fishn and flyn
517 Posts
Does anyone know the water temp. I am more of a gill fisherman and with the crappie on their beds I figured the water was still to cold for the gills. John

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'm picking up nice sized gills off Palm Rd. Between the lillys and the weeds. Although the females are still holding eggs. At one spot I picked up 6 nine inchers in a row!! Faught like heck on a fly rod.

My buddy, paintEd caught a huge Bowfin Sunday morn fishing the channel between 43 and Congress Rd. I saw a pic of it and it was big and ugly. That could have snapped your line! He estimated it to be approx 8-10lbs. State record is just over 11!

·
fishn and flyn
517 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I will be heading up the road this week. With the double hernia opperation last month I have to wait for some help putting the batteries in the boat. When you turn 57 things start bulging and need repair.

·
Registered
830 Posts
If you need help, just give me a holler. I probably drive right past ya on the way to the lake. I was out last evening....man was it cold! Fished just for fun, cause I left the live basket at home!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts