close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

mogadore fishing

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TPaco214, Jul 2, 2007.

1. is it safe to assume that the best way to fish mogadore is in a boat?....i checked it out the other day and walked a long time on paths that wound through the woods on the banks of the lake but i couldn't find any good bank fishing spots.

2. Because of the weeds now, it could be hard to find a good shore fishing spot. They routinely die off and "turn over"(float to the top), but then the water clears itself and fishing from shore can be good again. Keep an eye on it and pick you best days. Another option is wading. You might be able to wade the shore line and cast to the outer edges of the weedlines. I use a boat but fish about fifty percent of the time within a good cast from shore. Good luck.

3. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I would say that during this time of season, a jon boat is the best way to fish Mogadore. The weeds are up, but not as high this year as I have seen them in the past.

flash-----------------------------------out

4. Agent47

Agent47 Trying to pull it in!!!!

KSU, do you think they are better this year ? My dad told me this wknd this is the largest outgrowth he has seen in at least 6 years, I dont know as I just started fishing with him up there the last few months. He fishes it every other day.

5. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

There is some growth of weeds, but I have seen it years past where there were a heck of alot more of them.

flash-----------------------out

6. i'd agree...the weeds aren't too bad in there at all this year. i've only been fishing it for four years now but compared to other years in the past this one is nothing

7. Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  8. Erterbass

Erterbass Ohio Angler

I agree. Three or 4 weeks ago it was tough to go under the 43 bridge thanks to the thickness of the growth on the west side. Then from the bridge to the main channel there were masses floating on top.

Last weekend the weeds had moved away from the shore and were thick up to about 6-8 feet of depth then thinned out again. Now's the time to be fishing the edges then off to the deeper water.

Bob

9. Get a kayak, then weeds won't be an issue at all :)

10. I usually wade at Mogadore:B

11. What do you here about the Mercury in the waters of the Reservoir? Also, what do you hear about Lake Hodgson this year?

12. I left the boat tide up and did some wadding , i took a hard dive found a drop off out there at mogadore or should i say one of many and only hooked one bass. owell i might try that tonight.:C

13. whats the bass been hitting on ??????????