close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mogadore Check / OSP

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by fisherman261, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Drove out to Mogadore and planned on fishing off of congress lake road but got there around 1:30 and didn't see a single person on the ice. Didn't look like anyone had even been out yet so we decided not to go. Drove over to Old State Park and saw one guy out so we decided to fish there. Ice was about 3" of clear ice with 2" of cloudy stuff on top. Only fished for about 3 hours and caught maybe 25 or so gills. Most were dinks with maybe 5 decent ones. Saw tons of fish on the aqua vu, but many had a case of the lock jaw. Not too bad for the first trip of the year.

2. I may make a trip out in the a.m. to punch a couple of holes and give a thickness report at Mogodore off Congress Lake road. I'm on vacation this week, so if the ice looks safe, I may make a mid-week trip...

3. what where you using to catch them gills?

4. Just a pin-min under a bobber. Maggots seemed to be better than wax worms.

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

ya see any other types of fishys?

6. Never did see anything else, just a ton of gills.

7. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I have all next week off as well. Who is hitting the ice with me? Send me PM's. Plan on going all i can. Dunno where yet. Too be determined.

flash------------------------out

8. is old state park the portage lakes. also what lake is it

9. Interesting morning. Just as I am ready to walk out the door, my buddy calls me to see if I can help him with some car problems. After two trips to the parts store and about three hours later, I finally make it to Congress Lake Rd. only to get my Taurus stuck in what was the "Death Valley" of ice ruts in the parking lot there. What a mess. If your in a car, watch yourself there. Thanks to the father-son team who helped push me out this morning!

SInce I didn't have enough time to fish, I did get one thickness report from a guy coming off the lake. He said it was 4". I did see Big Daddy out there - how can you not miss him with that orange suit - and about twenty others.

Also some anglers where they pulled the dock out off 43, as well as a pair of guys coming off the main lake across from Ankor Inn/43. It was thick enough to support them, w/o gear.

I think its time boys! Now I'm off to get a 4x4!...I wish.

Tread safe!