Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fisherman
2,352 Posts
aww man, now its time for me to go find a beer (non alcoholic) and start crying in it. you guys had a good night. I literally can't even buy a single bite from cats.
also, i been meaning to ask this, what do bullheads do to ruin the night? do they eat your bait without getting hooked.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,862 Posts
good job on the cats, looks like it was a very good night.

i been meaning to ask this, what do bullheads do to ruin the night? do they eat your bait without getting hooked.
they don't ruin anything Jonny, their fun to catch also. .

·
63 Posts
aww man, now its time for me to go find a beer (non alcoholic) and start crying in it. you guys had a good night. I literally can't even buy a single bite from cats.
also, i been meaning to ask this, what do bullheads do to ruin the night? do they eat your bait without getting hooked.
Bullheads almost always swallow the bait. No one fishes for them. They are caught mainly by folks fishing for channel cats. They will eat ANYTHING.. It's a big nuisance because you usually need to retie and rebait. (it takes time away from what you are really there for)........

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heck, please swallow the bait, just not the hook. LOL. It beats catching nothing, but I don't target bullheads specifically. For whatever reason though, they bite harder then any other catfish I've caught. Have men screaming in the woods at night. LMAO

·
63 Posts
Heck, please swallow the bait, just not the hook. LOL. It beats catching nothing, but I don't target bullheads specifically. For whatever reason though, they bite harder then any other catfish I've caught. Have men screaming in the woods at night. LMAO
Sorry .... I meant to say "swallow the (the hook and bait)"!!!

·
Fisherman
2,352 Posts
no one, except me. i actually targeted bullheads one time. i think long or big hooks (amberdeen, large tremble hooks) will cut down on them swallowing it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haven't used treble hooks catfishing, but them dirty little mudskippers will swallow anything I tie to my line. Could be the answer...
And for the screaming in the woods part, all my friends new to catfishing get to learn the hard way. "Stick your thumb in there, look how little it is, it won't harm ya"... Every time! LOL

·
Fisherman
2,352 Posts
I think they have a unique set of jaws. I often try not to get my fingers anywhere near the mouth. I think its comparable to a bowfin in a way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts