Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
You may try contacting either of the two city contacts listed about any info. if/when it will open.
Here is the previous post about it:

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's great they got some new boats. Went with my sons last Fall and we ended up in a slightly leaky boat! Do they have a website or page with some info? Was hoping to call to see if they're renting yet since we're about 2 hours away. The phone numbers I've found via Google have returned as not in service.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
That's great they got some new boats. Went with my sons last Fall and we ended up in a slightly leaky boat! Do they have a website or page with some info? Was hoping to call to see if they're renting yet since we're about 2 hours away. The phone numbers I've found via Google have returned as not in service.

Thanks!
Were you at Mogadore on rt 43? I was by there in the fall and closed/no boats in sight. I know they were selling off the boats/canoes earlier, possible I was there after you were.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep, I think that's the one. Looking at some dates on a few photos from our trip was back in August last year rather than Fall. This post was the first one I saw where someone had potentially picked up the boathouse after the previous owner.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
On an unrelated question, I have never launched at the ramp by the boat house. I've either launched at Lansinger when it was open, or at the newer Ticknor Rd ramp and have no problem launching my boat. For those that may have launched a boat on a trailer at the ramp by the boat house, how does it compare to the other ramps I've mentioned?

I've seen trucks with tandem axle Ranger trailers behind them in the parking lot, so evidently they can be launched from there. I'm just wondering how far you have to back in to get the boat to float.

I have a smaller 16 1/2' fiber glass bass boat. Would it be smart for me to bring boots to wade in the water when retrieving the boat? I don't have to do that at the Ticknor ramp.

Any info provided will be much appreciated.

·
grip master
1,036 Posts
On an unrelated question, I have never launched at the ramp by the boat house. I've either launched at Lansinger when it was open, or at the newer Ticknor Rd ramp and have no problem launching my boat. For those that may have launched a boat on a trailer at the ramp by the boat house, how does it compare to the other ramps I've mentioned?

I've seen trucks with tandem axle Ranger trailers behind them in the parking lot, so evidently they can be launched from there. I'm just wondering how far you have to back in to get the boat to float.

I have a smaller 16 1/2' fiber glass bass boat. Would it be smart for me to bring boots to wade in the water when retrieving the boat? I don't have to do that at the Ticknor ramp.

Any info provided will be much appreciated.
Easy as it gets, only this is all the duck weed an crap blows in there and makes a mess of boat and trailer.
I was talking to the fine young gentleman who is operating the boat house .
At the time he had five 12 ft fibergrass boat to rent, and expecting more, short supply, like everything else.
He said you cant find a small aluminum boat.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Reel Grip, thanks for the information. Very much appreciated. I'm thinking some frog fishing between 43 and Congress Lake Rd tomorrow morning is sounding pretty dang good !!!

Thanks again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts