Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ohio Angler
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday morning was spotty - fair amount of action, but scattered. Caught them early and then just as I had to head home. Weird morning. Caught a total of 8 bass with swings & misses on my topwater setup...

Fished topwater down to 12-13 FOW. Biggest was this 4lb 3oz, 20.5 inch largie using a black Spro Bronzeye frog:

Nothing else larger than 2 1/2 lbs, with none of them coming in the mid-depths - either on top or deeper. Find some weeds around structure and I'd find the bass.

Great bonus! Saw a bald eagle right over the main basin west of the causeway!! First bald eagle I've seen at Mogadore - thought I might have seen a second one flying with the first but I won't commit to that. What a sight! :D

Will be out there again later this week.

Got a chance to say hi to Nipideedee. Great talking with you, Nip!

Bob

·
Akron
2,436 Posts
I had 6 fish Sunday all over 2 lbs and 2 of them at 4.5lbs. All fish on deep crankbaits on humps. I could only get one fish per hump. Had to keep moving. 10 AM to 2 PM.

·
Ohio Angler
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had 6 fish Sunday all over 2 lbs and 2 of them at 4.5lbs. All fish on deep crankbaits on humps. I could only get one fish per hump. Had to keep moving. 10 AM to 2 PM.
That was my experience, too. They definitely weren't schooled up - or maybe only one or two were in the mood to lock on to my presentation.

We're in that "interesting" summer pattern - they're making us work a bit harder to entice 'em! ;)

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts