close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mogadore 9/14...Short and Sweet

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by KSUFLASH, Sep 14, 2004.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

it was dead'er than a doornail out there today. Spoke with others and they had little success as well. Noticed alot of green algae suspended in the water. Also noticed a boat out there with a 4-stroke motor flying around. Then I realized it was the ODNR. Dunno what he was doing, but he was using binoculars while he was buzzing around.

flash---------------------------------------out

2. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Hey Ben, when there is alot algea at Mog, go to WHITE lures. White 4 inch Senkos always got me MANY bass on days when almost everyone else didn't catch a thing! Fish slow baits in those conditions. One day I had about 20 or so bass in 5 hours, and when I got in, I was talking to other bassers. Needless to say, they thought I was full of pooey cause they got nothing. Oh well, sucks to be them!

If this doesn't work, go OPPOSITE technique and slam buzzbaits over weedy stagnant areas near shores and pads. A good "slow day" spot for me is in the extreme most southern end where there is a small stream that comes into the lake. There are many pads over there and the shoreline running N and S along the west side (just north of the pads). This shoreline is nicely shaded and cool in the evenings. Run buzzes over the weeds and you might catch a biggun. Last week I saw what was maybe the biggest bass I have ever seen in Ohio belly flop 10-15' from the boat. My buzzbait was out much farther out from the splash unfortunately! If I had to put a weight on that bass, I'd say well over 7 pounds easy!

3. I haven't fished Mogadore in at least 2 yrs but white was always my go to color if things got tough. I even used white spinnerbaits and buzzbaits to explore that lake and caught many 3, 4, and 5 pounders with that and a simple silver/black Rattle Trap. Funny because I never paid attention to any types of patterns back then.
    On a separate note, KSUFlash, I am pretty sure ODNR was watching fishermen and motoring over to them to "check 'em out". I used to occasionally get the license question on Mogadore and LaDue, usually, right after I've finally found a nice little spot to fish and they come to scare them off. :) One time my buddy and I were fishing the north end of Mogadore and ODNR motored over to check licenses. My buddy didn't have his with him as he left it in the car. I must say the officers were very understanding. They had him turn his back while I showed mine, then asked him what the license looked like, color, etc. It was right when they switched to the electronic ones on the fluorescent paper. Buddy got it right, officers took off, and we proceeded not to catch one other fish the rest of the day. :D

4. In the last two weeks I have had the best fishing of my life. All really good Bass, most all over 16 inches. I am using chartruese deep diving crank baits along weedy humps near deep water. I had 3 over 19 inches in 5 casts two weekends ago. Last weekend another boat and me sat casting to the same hump and caught 16 to 18 inch bass every cast for nearly and hour.

5. KSUFLASH

what can i say, i suck.

flash--------------------------------out

6. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

Larry, good to see you've still been on the big ones. chartruese has definately been a hot color.

7. ODNR was probably checking the duck hunting blinds. Its that time of year.

Bow

8. i heard that theri was a nother boat ramp that u dont have to pay is that true. it is hidden in the woods a dirt road

9. KSUFLASH

you don't have to pay anywhere on mogadore anylonger. Its all free!!!

flash------------------------out