Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went back out to Mogadore last night after work. Arrived about 1900 and fished until 0300. The bright moon made things a bit tough, the shad were not as close to the surface as normal. Took me awhile to find some shad to net for catfish bait. Water was only 79 degrees at the surface, last week it was 84.

Fished for bass and crappie before dark. Caught a few crappie, no bass. After dark I threw minnows under a bobber at 18-24" depth near the shad schools and was doing good for crappie. Caught 20-25 with most being in the 8-10" size range. Threw them all back, except one that got gut hooked and didn't make it.

Only caught 2 channel cats and 1 bullhead, all on shad. Had another channel grab a minnow when I was crappie fishing, but the 4 lb line on my ultralight wasn't up to the fight.

Caught this 6 lb channel on my way back to the ramp

18" channel cat

Unfortunately this crappie didn't survive

·
still_luv_sunfish'n
989 Posts
it's nice to see some legal crappy's comming out of mog....everyone i've talked to in the last few yrs. has either caught 1 huge one (12 or 15") or 50 under 7"....I know mog doesnt regulate crappy size but it's good to hear about some numbers of 9/10 inchers.....oh yeah nice cats too

ps. that spot at mogadore looks awfully familler......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts