close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

mogadore 8-1

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by johnboy111711, Aug 2, 2004.

1. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

went from about 7 till 1130 tonight. we caught about 15. biggest was 17inches. all came on senkos and rattleraps. after dark the fish seemed to shut down. still was a great night to be out.

2. How are the weeds at Mogadore now? I haven't got a chance to get out there in a few weeks or maybe longer. I'd like to get into some bass this weekend but I might go after some Cuyahoga pike instead if the weeds are too bad.

Steve

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

weeds aren't all that bad. most have died, but there are still some hanging on, and they are really tough to cut through. we fished lipless cranks with little problem. the weed edge seems to be around the 7ft mark.

4. Went out today for a few hours, 8/7 and caught about 6 fish with the majority being 13-15 inches. No hogs out there lately for me, but a friend of mine caught a 21 incher last week around the ramps. Nice fish..

We should start having small tournaments out there. That'd be fun/

5. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

How's the boat holding up AK?

6. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

ak...was that you that i talked to once out at Mogadore while i was putting in? I think you had just bought a boat from parmabass?

7. eh, it might have been my buddy...I think I was parking the truck. We're like the youngest out there so it was probably us..

ParmaBass, the boat is holding up good. I am having a problem with the outboard though...i've only used it a few times because we normally fish Mogadore and Nimi but couldn't get it started at Portage a couple weeks ago. Went camping out at Berlin with new gas (proper mix) and a new plug and I can only keep it running for about 20 ft or so and then it dies.. then I'll try to start it again and it will die after a couple seconds. Sounds like it has water in the gas but I dont think thats the case because it came straight out of fresh can. Its definately something fuel related..while camping if it wouldn't start at all I could dip the plug in gas and it'd fire up and run for about 5 minutes but then die.. Anyone know what I should try, I really dont know anything about outboards?

8. Ray

Ray

AK,
    I had a problem like that too,nothing was wrong with the motor,it turned out to be a bad connector on the hose wher it connects to the motor.It was worn and fit loose,when I fixed that ,my problem was over.Hope this helps.....Ray

9. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Sorry to hear that. I had the motor around a year before I sold the boat and really only used it mabey 4 times. It ran fine the first couple times out, then it did what your talking about, but it worked it self out after a couple pulls of the cord. I bought it off a buddy of mines dad for $50 bucks, couldn't pass it up. I never did much to it because I usually only fish electric only lakes myself.

10. yea, it's gotta be something simple....no biggie really because all we fish Mogadore 98% of the time. It seems to have an abundance of largemouth :D
    Went out last night though and only managed to get one in the boat. 16 incher, and a rock bass.

Maybe its those cold nights we've been having... I thought this was August. :cool: