close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mogadore 7-24

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Gabmstr, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Went to Mogadore in between the raindrops. It actually turned out to be pretty nice for a while. I got 2 channel cats. One is 6 lbs 6 oz. 25" long and the other was 6 lbs. 26" long. I thought for a minute that they both were going to pull me in!! I really had to stomp down and get a grip! What a blast! And Ty, I was thinkin' of you and your Shovelhead!:)

Attached Files:

2. Any details on what you caught them on? And/or where? Where you shore fishing or in a boat?

3. Sure! We were shorefishing. We got out there at about 11 a.m. and we set up on the west side of the lake. I had 14 lb test fireline crystal, which I was so glad I had. I wasn't worried about breaking the line as much as I was worried about snappin' my pole! It was the best fight I've ever had! At one point I thought I was going in! We ran out of raw shrimp but I did have some cooked shrimp in the freezer. So that's what I ended up using. They both took off towards the tree and it was all I could do to keep them coming in. One got wrapped up aroung the tree branch so I gave it a little slack and then I got him out of it. It was AWSOME! :D Oh, and my other half got :S !

4. haha sounds like you had a great time! that's what it's all about...oh and you're supposed to let the lady reel in the fish, but not the big ones!

5. Congrats , nice cats . Catfish & hushpuppies , YUM !

6. Thanks Guys! That was my 3rd time this year (to get anything that big)! I don't eat catfish but I cook them for my son and my husband. We all have our different kinds of fish that we like to eat. My daughter likes BG and Crappie, I like perch, and my son and husband like cats! So, no matter what we catch, it's covered. I sent that link to my son, who is in Pyma right now, and he said "Mom? I wanna go fishing!" When he comes back I will take him out to Mogadore or Nimi. He loves reelin' in the cats and he's just a itchin' for some fishin'! :D