close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mogadore 7/22

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Erterbass, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Erterbass

Erterbass Ohio Angler

Got out to Mogadore late Sunday afternoon targeting bass. Had a fun evening, finding two patterns: Deep crankbait and jigs on steep shorelines. By the way, I saw several HUGE balls of shad - and they were 4 to 6 inches long :eek:

Hit a few hotspots with all fish but one between 2 and 3lbs each (would have made a good tournament bag...:eek: )

As Leeabu said in a different post last week, we have to fish Mogadore with alternative tactics these days.

2.3lb on Green Pumpkin jig

2.1lber on Deep shad-colored crank (she was fat!)

A very fun evening!

Bob

2. Nice looking fish, great pictures, thanks

3. I have been throwing a 5/8 oz jig and a DT16 crankbait. Most of my fish have been in 14 FOW. Nice fish.

4. Erterbass

Erterbass Ohio Angler

That's the pattern I found also. The fish caught on the jig hit hard & aggressive - while the deep crank fish were caught on both a DT10 and a DT16. Also tried a soft swimbait on the deep weed edges but couldn't identify that pattern...

Over the past couple of years I've learned a lot about how fun structure fishing is if I'm patient and willing to find the not-so-obvious spots.

Bob

5. If you find weeds, you can get tham on a buzzbait also.

6. i have been hooking them on a crank bait, and a scum frog works pretty good if you can stay on the outside of the weed line:F

7. Erterbass

Erterbass Ohio Angler

Haven't tried the buzzer in a while. I'll have to give them a try.

BTW, Leeabu, do you make custom buzzbaits too?

Bob

8. Yes I also make custom buzzbaits. I have a good variety of parts on hand.