Mogadore 7/19/08

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cheezemm2, Jul 19, 2008.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

Took my future father-in-law out for his first kayak trip on the Mog...got a couple of pictures! Big Bass went 4lbs, 6oz, the pics don't do it justice!

Think he's hooked on kayaking now....:p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mishmosh

mishmosh borderline newb

Sweet! Can't wait to hit the east end next month when my schedule clears. They have some monsters in there for sure. Caught my personal best last fall among the duckweed and lily pads. I fish in my kayak too..

3. Erterbass

Erterbass Ohio Angler

Congrats!! What a great time for you and the future dad-in-law! :)

Were you using a topwater frog or mouse or worm, craw or some other creature?

Bob

4. from the pic looks like you were about a par 5 east of congress lake rd.?

5. Buick Riviera

Buick Riviera Willows and bass go together like beer and pizza.

Great pics and very, very nice bass. Kayaking for bass looks like fun.

Buick

6. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

First the questions....

1) Those fish are on the eastern end, but don't count out the rest of the lake. That place is a great bass fishery...Mogadore can be tough (because it looks like the perfect topwater lake) when sometimes you need to go deeper or not even concentrate on the duckweed! I'm also finding that in the more main section of the lake there are pockets that many reg. boats can't get to. Often leaves a pig in hiding!

2) Fish were caught on weightless worms....red/shad and watermelon flake (I can't tell you what kind, that's the big secret:p )

Went out again on Sunday by myself...didn't do too shabby. The bite was slow until about 8pm, then the sun starting getting lower and it was bewitching hour. Big guy was 3lbs and some change...Also caught a bowfin, but he didn't want his picture taken (tried to bite off my hand)...Couldn't not take the picture of the sunset on the paddle back in!

All fish back in the water to get bigger!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Nice fish!

I always liked fishing that place with Cory.

8. mishmosh

mishmosh borderline newb

Bowfin is in there?!?! Now that would be something...never caught one of those but I hear they fight great!

9. Hey mishmosh. there are bowfin in there. i caught this one halfway between the boathouse and congress lake rd while crappie fishn. took quite some time to coax him in. I didnt have a scale but it was hefty and not the most handsome fish.

Attached Files:

10. ryosapien

ryosapien Bad@

that's a big fish paintED state records hover around 9lbs should carry a scale with you that looks every bit of 7.5

11. mishmosh

mishmosh borderline newb

Sweet! Thanks for the pic PaintedEd!

12. where is this mog located? sounds like a good spot...

13. mogadore res is between brimfield and suffield just off of rt 43.