Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the girlfriend out to play tennis this afternoon then hit Mogadore around the boat ramp for some afternoon fishing. We were out there about an hour and a half and she had a couple bass that got off (she gets excited and forgets to set the hook) and landed one about 12 inches on a white Berkley powerbait.

The place was absolutely loaded with trash, including tons of floating beer bottles, two trash bags hanging from a tree stuffed full, two big propane tanks, and a ton of trash sitting in a fire ring. What really got me was a stringer of fish right next to shore with 6 cats, one a real nice size, about 5 blue gill, some perch and a dink largemouth all tied together and rotting next to shore. There were flies everywhere and the stench.... Just absolutely drives me crazy.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I took a ride down there as well yesturday and could see the area you are in reference too on the drive in.

It looked to me like someone had decided to do some weekend camping along the shore line. Hopefully they cleaned their mess up when they left.

·
still_luv_sunfish'n
989 Posts
it's been nasty like that every since akron took over...

i hope they leave a couple spots open for the shore guys and post no trespass everywhere else....it is so hard to find a good shorefish spot but when the whole lake is open a bunch of d bags have to trash it...

i know how hard it is to find good spots from shore, but what the [email protected]#%
sorry had to vent...

I doubt that it is people from ogf. and i also know that red jada and a few others have organized clean ups...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Its people like them that give us a bad rep. They must be the reason for no trespassing signs and no fishing signs that messes up our fishing. Makes me sick!!! You'd NEVER see trash when i leave a spot. Stay clean everybody and respect our lakes!!!(not that us OGF-ers need to be told that...)

·
still_luv_sunfish'n
989 Posts
springfield lake had a huge problem with the swimmers littering...it was every bit as bad as moggie. finally they just closed the beach. it will happen at mogadore too eventually.

there really is no point in getting in to the subject again (imo) it has been discussed sooooooo many times on here.

key words ; trash litter littering garbage bottles diapers etc..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts