close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mogadore 1/29/05!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by ohio bass, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Well we hit mogadore today, started off of 43 on the east side. Ice was 4inches and a little scary. Drilled a hole and the air released in the ice and cracked. Fished for 3 hours there and didnt get a single fish.
    We decided to hit CLR area and turned out to be worse than the main lake. The ice was cracking and you could feel it start to bow down at bit so we decided to get the heck out of there. We figured there was a lot of presure on the ice considering all of our weight equaled to be about 700lbs. So the ice isnt the best out there so guys be very carefull. I seriously thought I was gonna go down for the first time. Just be cautious over at CLR

Did anyone else go out and do any good? Later, ohio bassin

2. :D went out today for a couple hours had 6 inces of ice took a while to find the fish but i found them must have drilled 20 holes or so it felt (hand auger) the pond i fished was rather shallow 5 feet at best i was told it was 12 to 15 but im sure the vex dont lie , but i did good 40 gills and lost a nice bass at the hole i only kept a dozen or so fish most were 9 to 10 inchers i caught two that were 11" im not sure if that qualifies for fish ohio or not.

3. Timbr

Timbr Alaska Grayling

I hit Mogadore this morn. also. I got skunked, I saw some people that did ok early am.

When I was leaving I saw that someone had left all their fish on the ice and in the holes. Why keep them, then let them die on the ice? Take 'em home or throw 'em back alive. I dont get it.

Tim