close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mogadore 05-26

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by archman, May 26, 2007.

1. It was a great morning out on the water. There was no wind and it remained cloudy the whole time so it was perfect topwater conditions. That's all I threw all morning. It started off pretty good with 4 or 5 bass in the first hour on a buzzbait and jitterbug. It slowed down until I switched to a Heddon Tiny Torpedo. I don't think I went 5 minutes without at least a hit. Finally I caught a HUGE redear that swam under my kayak when I brought it in. It must have nicked something because my torpedo went swimming away in the fish's mouth. It was the last one I had. I had a few hits after that, but it definitely slowed down. I would guess I ended up with about 30 bass, with half of them being good size.

2. One night earlier this week, I caught an 11 inch red ear on a fly rod. I thought it was a bass the way it faught! It didn't have a plug in him though. I did return him to the water so he could add another inch or two!

Biggest gill I ever caught!