close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

mog. 8-8

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by johnboy111711, Aug 9, 2004.

1. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

went out and fished from 7-11pm we got atleast 10. all were smallish and most came on buzzbaits and zara puppies.

2. Was out there last night at around the same time but left after just an hour and 30 minutes. I forgot my waders so I was land-locked and only managed one bass but it was a nice one. :) The fish measured just over 20 inches and it absolutely clobbered my buzz-bait. By the time I got the fish to shore the lure was bent all to heck. I didn't have a scale but I figure the bass plus all the weeds that came in with the fish must have been around 8 pounds LOL :) I got a couple of other strikes and missed them both but I didn't care; that one fish made the trip more than worth it plus it was nice to get out and fish after a few weeks away from the water.

Steve

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

You forgot your waders, so you were land locked????? What is wrong with this??? :confused: It is summer time and we are Men right?? ;) Get in there and get wet! :p What's a little water?? Let me guess,.......if you go camping, you need electric hook-ups too???????

Just kidding ya Alter! That is 8 more pounds of fish than I got! (I mean fish and weeds! :D )

4. :) My problem with wet wading at Mogadore isn't getting wet, its stepping into the 2 or 3 feet of sediment, mud and ooze on the bottom. The first time I ever waded there was an adventure. I thought I was stepping into 6 inches of water but on my first step my foot just kept going down and down until I was up to my knee in sediment, mud and primordial ooze :eek: . There's been many a time I thought I was going to be stuck out in the water with mud and sediment up to my waist. :) Alright, I'm a wuss but I want a couple of millimeters of neoprene between me and what ever critters live in the goop on the bottom of that lake :)

Those weeds fought like champs!

Steve

5. Got to meet some of leeabu,s pets today at mog.Fished two hours five bass the biggest was 22 inches almost kept it for a mount,but i want one a little fatter for the wall,dont get me wrong this one was fat,but not odd big,the rest were between 2 and 3 pounds great day fishin spinnerbait gold and chartreuse.By the way if anbody knows where to get these spinnerbaits i would like to know they no longer have them anywhere i go,they are made by strikeking there called quadshads they have four blades.Great big bass bait,also got a couple on a texas rigged 7in power worm bluefleck.mogadore has to be the best big bass lake in ne ohio. :D p.s what do you guys think that 22incher weighed post reply,got to get a scale,had one of my buddies but he took it back last fishin trip. :mad:

6. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

a 22in from mogadore would most likely weigh between 6 and 6 1/2 lbs. The last time I saw a quad shad was at kames this spring... I think. Nice fish.

7. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Sounds like a hell of a day bassin! The weight is tough to tell. I have caught a couple 20-26 inch bass. the 23.5 incher on my wall weighed 7 1/2 lbs. the 26 incher I caught was only 5 lbs. He was not even starving either. Just not as big as the other.

Alter --- I know what you mean about the muck and what not. Been there done that! I was just givin ya a hard time! ;)

Now I just need to find where Mogadore is and some of those quad spinners! :D

8. Did you catch that 26 incher in ohio?

9. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I sure did. It was a strip pond of course. Where else do most of the big bass come from???

10. man thats a big bass i cant believe he only went 5lbs. I tell you what if i caught a 26 incher that only went 5lbs I would tell everyone that my scale was bad.