close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Moderator Question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fffffish, Feb 2, 2005.

1. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

I recently posted to a thread on the Ohio Husky Musky site
    It was in reply to a muskie smell question and was meant as a joke. The person who runs that site saw fit to edit what I was saying and changed the whole meaning of my post and let everyone on the site believe it was me and that I was being and ahole. He left no indication that he had edited what I had said. The site is one of those free sites that can not be edited by its posters. So I can not go back and fix what he did. I feel this was very unethical and wrong. I run a muskie site myself and would never do that to anyone. On this site what is the policy for moderators editing posts. It has never happened to me here. Do you guys ever edit posts or just delete them if you do not like what the person is saying. This whole thing has me quite P.O. If you feel this is not the place to talk about this I will not be upset if it is deleted.
    Thanks

2. catking

catking Banned

Hey Rick - We will never change words in somebodys post /reply. That's our policy . If we have a problem with something a member post, we remove it and send a pm explaining ourselves. What happened to you is censorship at its worst , and you should be pissed........ CATKING :)

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Interesting, I had a similar situation on a catfishing site about 2 years ago. Just showed how immature some can be, unfortunitely, he changed my entire post into slander against someone else. I was upset, but you just have to pray for people like that.

4. I'll pray but I'll also turn the other cheek too [​IMG]
    if you get my meaning [​IMG]

5. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

no comment on the censorship thing.

6. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

At first, we did edit posts...but only if they contained expletives.

We've since adopted a policy that if a post was something that would warrant an "edit" that we would pull it and PM the poster instead of editing. We don't want to put words in anyone's mouths, and if a post gets to that point it probably needs yanked anyways.

7. I know it has been said by others in the past here but I will say it again. I believe the mods here are doing a very fine job. The fact that we don't hear about incidents like ffffffish referred to is testament to the job they are doing.

I don't get it. If there is no comment then why reply? That in itself seems like a comment to me.:confused:

8. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

You got a question then PM me BKR, dont start something with me in an open forum. I can reply if I want and dont have to explain to you why.

9. catking

catking Banned

As Shakedown pointed out, we have adopted policies that now do not change words. Don't let this thread go down the drain with some of these replys. If somebody has a problem they usually pm pm one of the moderators.We haven't had many problems at all and I think that reflects the quality of the members on this site. CATKING

10. Catking,

I did not post to the thread to send it down the drain. I was just trying to understand what, if anything, was being implied by the earlier post. I just raised the question of clarification on a post. If it is something that Fishyguy does not want to elaborate on I am fine with that.

As I said, keep up the good work mods!:)

11. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Thanks Brian! :D

12. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

After posting my complaint here on OGF and on another board the OHMC board got 223 hits on that post in less then 8 Hours probably more then they get in a week. My original post that was edited has been deleted along with my follow up post. I thank all of you that went and had a look. I still do not know why my post was edited there was nothing offensive in the post at all.

13. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Thanks guys we try to do our best and with great members like all of you its not a bad job at all.

14. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Many props to our mods! ;)

Expanding our Team in this way was one of the best things we have done.
    They are doing an excellent job, and it is allowing us to have more time to work on additional aspects of the site as well as our events. ;)

Rick, I'm glad you got your "situation" cleared up.