close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mississippi River Carp Festival

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by BuckeyeFishinNut, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Has anyone been kicking around the idea of making the trip to Minn. for this festival? I think it looks kinda fun. Might be worth the 10-12 hr drive. Its only saturday from 8am-2pm so not alot of fishing time but would be a nice trip. Anyone ever been up there to it?

Jake

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i dunno maan..their 1 rod rule is pretty stupid.. :rolleyes: im not gonna drive all the way there for that..lol..maybe smallies.. :D

3. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Team Wackerbaits will tear up the competition anyhow :) All kidding aside......it is normally a great event from the people I've talked to that have participated. I just don't have time to do it this year. It's on my "to do" list for upcoming years though.

4. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Jake, we might have to sced. that one...just to give team Wacker some competition....lol

Our best bet is to stick to the big river and see how many monsters we can bank this year, instead of driving to Minn. for small ones.

Man you must be BORED to death thinking of this stuff...wetting some lines in the "warm water" this weekend might snap ya out of that cabin fever...heheheh.

Scott

5. I have ventured way past bored....into insanity almost. This cold weather is tickin me off something fierce. It should be in the high 40's this time of year and tomorrow its supposed to barely make it to 30. This sucks bad!!!

Jake

6. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Quit your cry'in ya baby....good weather will be here...by atleast JUNE...lol..hahahah

I dont care now, got the shelter ready to go.....so let it snow or get windy...i dont care, im going fishing!

Scott

7. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i would like to see you set up your brolly in the wind..lol..trust me, it ain't easy..especially by yourself.. :D if someone woulda filmed me when i set mine up at alum, i'm sure you'll get a laugh or 2 outta it..lol..

8. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Ak, like almost any type of tent/shelter...in high winds, it works MUCH better to stake a few points down first(perferably the side facing the wind direction)...lol.

Ive only had mine a week or so but i know i can put it up in less than 30 secs...maybe 45 secs in wind.