missing miamisburg fisherman found

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by iam20fan, Dec 30, 2007.

1. from whiotv.com:

MIAMI TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- The body of a man who has been missing since November was found Saturday afternoon by a group of kayakers, according to authorities in Miami Township.

Eddie Davis, 54, disappeared in November while he was fishing along the banks of the Great Miami River.

According to Miami Township fire officials, Davis' body was found a short distance from where he was last seen.

Firefighters said that a body can stay down in the water for a long time.

The Montgomery County Coroner's Office will perform an autopsy to determine the cause of death

2. Nightprowler

Nightprowler Crappie Hunter

Be sure to wear you PFD this time of year when around ICE COLD water. It only takes a few seconds for you to loose feeling. The water is down and the bank is very slippery now. Pray for his Family. Heres a article on BD site.

WILLOUGHBY -- Buddy jumps into freezing water to save unconscious fisherman
    There were about a dozen fisherman wading into the Chagrin River in the dark last night at Daniel's Park in Willoughby. Suddenly they heard screams and splashing. Someone had fallen into the turbulent water near the dam.

Fisherman, Will Ross, recalled the panic stricken moments after he hit the water. "My waders had filled up", said Ross, "and that's what carried me down to the bottom of the river".

The bone chilling water and the swirling current would not let him go.

Ross told Channel 3's Mike O'Mara, "I was terrified. I thought I was going to die. I knew I was dead because I couldn't move".

"After I came up to the top 3 or 4 times and went back down, I finally covered my face, closed my eyes. The next thing I remember I was out of the water breathing again."

Cliff Odem was standing on the east bank of the river when he saw his friend go under the dark muddy water. Moments later he took off his jacket, waders and boots, and jumped into the Chagrin hoping to find the body of Ross.

"I thought he was dead. I thought he passed away", recalls Odem. "I thought I was pulling up a dead friend because his body was limp".

Added Odem, "I just grabbed a hold of him and dragged him with all my might and pulled to the other side. He wasn't breathing. I smacked him on the back 3 or 4 times and suddenly water came out and he started breathing again!"

With the steel head trout running, there are dozens of fishermen trying to catch a trophy fish. But with the water temperature barely above freezing, any mistake could be fatal.

We found fisherman, Scott Ladovich, squeezing the water out of his clothes. He had just slipped and fallen into the Chagrin River but was able to pull himself to shore.

Said Lodovich, "lucky the current wasn't strong because where I was stepping off the current would have swept me downstream quickly. I was lucky".

But few fishermen willl ever be as lucky as Will Ross. He knows he owes his buddy his life. Ross says no more open water fishing for him. From now, he'll cast for trout only from shore.

3. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

good point NP, this cold water is no joke thats for sure, things happen real fast out there, it definitly leaves no room for error.

4. bozz

bozz

Yeah I live just east of where he was found and bowfish that area some, the guy they found had heart issues and then I don't understand is the location of which he was found from where he was lost. According to the article he would have drifted upstream ???? huh??? Strange to me.