Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
A.K.A. Rooster
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard on the news that a kayaker up on Lake Erie is missing. They said his kayak washed up on shore. Keep a lookout.

·
On the water
1,021 Posts
I also saw that on the news last night. Said he took his dog. The dog and the yak made it back to shore. Hope he's found very soon. I wouldn't have wanted to be paddling Saturday. I think the news said he left Euclid Beach around 4:00 on Sat. I remember that around 6:30 or so the wind picked up dramatically. I had just gotten in. It went from small 2' rollers to 4' capping quickly. The wind was straight outta the N-NW though, you'd think if he was wearing a pfd he'd find shore no matter what?

·
Registered
100 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with the kayaker and family. I go out on Erie from Edgewater and I'm learning the true force of nature. I pray that he had a pdf and whistle or horn to signal for help.

·
Registered
868 Posts
EUCLID, OH (WOIO) -

The body of a missing kayaker was found early Monday morning.

A citizen walking along Maple Beach found the body of 43-year-old Vincent Germano around 7:15AM.

Germano, of Euclid, disappeared while kayaking on Saturday. Germano's dog was with him, but returned on Sunday.

·
1 fish is a he!! of alot more than none.
2,004 Posts
Was he wearing a life jacket? I cannot imagine kayaking without one anywhere?

My prayers are for his family and friends.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Very disappointed to see this, thoughts and prayers to his family. Saturdays forecast was misleading calling I believe 2 or less, or 1-3, the wind forecast however was a building one. From 4-8- to sustained winds above 12mph in the afternoon.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Bummer. I was working the USCG jet that was looking for him last night. I didn't see this yesterday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts