Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Trying to pull it in!!!!
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I returned to Mogadore yesterday for the first time after my dad passed. In the past I always came with my dad and his old boat. This time it was just me and I did not have the luxury of the freedoms of the lake the boat presented me in the past that I took for granted therefor I was restricted to shore fishing. I used to make fun of his old boat as we rolled into the parking lot looking at a few others "high sticker tagged pieces of watercraft" however it served its purpose everytime and we always brought back some type of lake treat. It was hard to walk the the shores of the lake off of rt 43 through the woods as memories of me and him floating up to shore to throw out a cast flashed. The weeds were atrocious and the baits I was using, weedless and all, didn't seem to attract anything but garden fertilizer and pad pieces. The day was beautiful tho and the lake was busy. I have dads boat now however it has sat for 2 years and needs alot of work which I plan on attempting. I never realized how spoiled I became fishing with dad and his old boat. For those of you who are blessed with this opportunity take a moment to realize what you are given and dont "miss the boat".

Attachments

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
Thanks for sharing your Mogadore experience. Your post reminded me of all the time dad and I spent together in a rental boat on East Harbor back in the Forty's and Fifties when the harbor was a bass fishing paradise, prior to all the "Improvements"???? made by the state. Dad is long gone but I can recall many of the trips and do so with warm feelings. I still have his Post War 5hp Johnson and would hope to find someone that collects and shows vintage outboards.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
"As long as there are people who remember you, you are never truly gone."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts