close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

misquito walleye

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bassstalker, Jul 5, 2007.

1. fished misquito tues for walleye and could not get anything, well afew cats. i was using a jig and worm off the bottom. is it worth it to troll in inland lakes? if so, what is the set up? dipsys, spoons , harness ? any help would be great . thank you.

2. Just as suggestions, try bottom walkers with harnesses, hotntots, any minnow imitations-and use inline sinkers to control the depths of the lures based on where you might be marking fish. Basically, some of the things you alluded to which might be used on L. Erie, just a little downsized since the average fish will be smaller(usually!) Expect crappies of size with the minnow baits esp. the tots!

3. I troll B/B with a one hook harness , deep water . I do ok. green or orange are my choices.

4. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

The Bear Paw crawler spinners (small blade, single hook), usually produces walleyes at Mosquito during the hotter summer months. Troll them just fast enough to get the blade spinning.

5. Ill take the Tots! Chrome and blue in early mornings in 18fow. Seems they suspend just off bottom. Dont think theres much off a thermocline set up on a shallow lake but the deeper ones are. Fish depth hinges on the weather. All in-land lakes have bait strung out in the colder layer with fish under it till dark. Im not to far off trollin 15fow at night on the dam end of Mosquito with its water clarity. Maybe some lead during the daylight hours.

6. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

I was out last weekend and could only get 3 eyes in the boat. 1 at 19" and 2at 16". I got 2 out of the weeds and 1 trolling in deeper water. It was a very slow day fishing but I did get to work on the tan:D

7. thanks for the tips fellas, you guys are best. big daddy, what does your boat look like? if i see ya id like to say hay sometime. im usually in a 14 ft sea nymph w/ a 9.9 johnson and 2 trolling mtrs. thanks again ps fishing pyme sun, ill let you guys know the results

8. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i was at mosquito yesterday and GOOD LUCK trolling anything there. those zebra mussles have cleared up that lake so much the weeds have take over. i saw thick weeds up to the surface in 16 fow. wow, ive lived on this lake all my life and its never been like this.:confused:

9. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

16 ft.... wow. Thats some clear water. I've also been fishing there for a long time and noticed how clear the water has gotten. I was down in the crane area fishing jigs and got a snag. Pulled it loose and had a 4" clump of zebra mussels on it. :mad: EZ, i'll pm you.;)

10. BigDaddy300

Lots of zebra mussels in Mosquito. The water is definately getting real clear. It will make the weeds grow deeper and thicker. I will change things, fishing wise, for sure.

11. BigDaddy300

I am also in a 14ft sea nymph but it doesn't look like a sea nymph anymore. I customized the whole boat and painted it green. I have a 25hp mariner on it and a minn kota bow mount. It is starting to show signs of wear after about 9 years so I will be doing some work on it soon but it is going to stay green. Good Luck at pymy.