Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Muskie Bug
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to head out to Misquito lake this weekend with my uncle who is up from Florida. I want to try to put him on some Ohio fish before he heads back down. I haven't been out there in a couple months, and was wondering how the fishing has been for walleye and crappie. Any places better then anywhere else right now? What seems to be working right now? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Adam

·
Registered
47 Posts
Went out last week after not going for a few weeks. Everything has been small since early summer. Havent fished the south end since its warmed up, figured the ski and pleasure boats were heavier down there. I dont target the cats but I'm sure they are still doing well. Good Luck.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I hit it last weekend. Caught a couple of 2-3 pound bass. A lot of nice size crappie and perch. We were fishing the weed lines. We marked tons of fish but struggled to get anything real huge. No walleye.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Might have too try some small dipseys and spoons there this weekend. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
We drifted mini microspoons in the 88 stumpfield, on the day of the picnic, and hammered some big bluegills and crappies. Tipped with crappie nibbles. We drifted from 12ft to 4ft. When the weeds got too bad, we pulled up and started a new drift. A lot of the gills were over 7" with a few close to 9. Black worked best with green a good second.

·
Registered
80 Posts
was out last friday and caught a mess of crappie off the causeway. ended up keeping 35 threw back a lot more. we were using just plain hook tipped with a minnow.

·
Muskie Bug
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where you at the causeway during the day or at night? Thanks for the reports guys, hopefully I can get into some walleye. My uncle hasnt fished that lake for years since he moved down there, and is hoping to catch some fish.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was thinking about trying the causeway one evening this weekend for catfish. Have they started hitting again I haven't had much luck this year. Not sure what side I will fish yet I guess it depends on the wind

1 - 9 of 9 Posts