Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Just some guy
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I mentioned in the "fishing gear stolen" thread, my tackle bag vanished yesterday. I forgot I had a $70 reel in there, bringing the total loss to over $500. At least it's all stuff I can replace.

Anyway, after re-tracing my steps over & over again, there is one small possibility that I left it at the SE corner of King & Olentangy (as opposed to someone taking it out of my back seat on Wed. I stopped there Tue night for about 15 minutes to see if it would be a good spot to fish. After powering in a couple of 2 inch bluegill, I left. Now I stop for an ocasional fish all the time. I grab my bag & 1 rod and I go. I'm so used to carrying those 2 things that I don't see how I possibly could've got back in the car without the bag without alarm bells going off. And I've never forgotten it before. But the truth is I don't remember my exact steps and that's the last time I know for sure I was in the bag.

So if anyone knows people that fish that spot and/or you hear anything, any info would be appreciated. If I did leave it there, it's obviously completely my fault. I'd be happy to get any part of it back, no questions asked.

·
Banned
790 Posts
That blows.

A few years ago I ordered a Shiamno Scorpion reel from friggn' Japan and slapped it on a brand new St. Croix rod. Went out in the yard to play with it, put it on top of my truck (for what reason I don't know), and then drove off with it on top of my truck..to the river.
1/2 later when I get to the river and realize it fell off the roof of my truck...somewhere.

Next day on my way to work, I see a rod leaning up against a stop sign a few blocks from my house.....there's my rod and reel.

So some good samaritan stranger did me a solid. I'm in the hole and quite willing to pay back another stranger.

I don't know what you had in there, but I'd certainly be willing to float a few pounds of plastics your way. I seem to buy too many and have alot of extra.
If you want to help balance the cosmic universe, I'd be more than happy to participate.

·
Just some guy
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, nice gesture dude. Thank you. Fortunately, I kept my plastics separate. I only kept a few of each on me. So I still have all of them. Plus I used this as an excuse to go to Dick's & Wal-Mart & throw down some cash on cranks, jigs & such. I actually got a couple more plastics too, based on some things I've seen in your posts.

If you're feeling extra generous though, what I'm really after is more of your knowledge. If you're ever planning a float (1 hour, all day, whatever) and wouldn't mind an extra person along, I'd be happy to buy breakfast, lunch or beer to show my appreciation. And I promise not to be a whiney little B1tch if you're unable to get back to me. :)

·
Banned
790 Posts
I'm out for a couple weeks. And there aint that much knowledge there dude, I just have a big mouth.
Going to the New River first weekend of August though.

·
Just some guy
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm certainly not ready for Hico. I'm sure we'll hook up eventually as I'm pretty sure I'm a lifer.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Check Craigslist for your stuff. There are at least 2 ads posted today of boxes full of tackle. Could be legit sales but there are pics so it would be pretty easy to identify.

·
CJ Wolfpack
4,311 Posts
i got lucky the only time i've left something behind.the 1st time i just left my lil' tackle bag sittin' on a bench while i carried the other stuff to my truck.drove off to go fish another place,got there & realized i'd left my bag behind.i flew back to the 1st place and amazingly it was still there,which actually surprised me.the 2nd time i left my anchor sittin' either at the boat ramp at clark lake or it was on my bumper when i drove off.didn't get that one back.hope you see yours again here soon.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Andyman... That's one I can relate to... except for keys. If you can't find out who helped you out, pay it back by paying it forward to the next poor soul.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts