close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

misfit & grumpy do hoover 8/14

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by misfit, Aug 14, 2007.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

got a pm from grumpy last night suggesting i join him for a little r&r on hoover this morning if i had a mind to.i only had to think long enough to reply;)
    as i arrived at te ramp at 7:30 this morning thinking i'd be waiting,i found him already on the water(again)
    now for those of you who don't know grumpy,he is not known for being the early bird.normally anything before 9 a.m. is out of the question.
    ok,so i climb in the boat and we head out for a little catfishing.bite was slow and we only got bit a couple times,but wayne managed to put one small channel in the boat before we pulled anchor and headed for spot on a flat known to hold crappies.to our delight,the ff screen lit up and we thought we'd hit the mother lode.well,we were to learn just because the fish are there,they aren't necessarily lining up for a meal.we did manage to coax a few neutral fish into the boat by drifting minnies and casting ..................................you guessed it,roadrunners;)
    they must have had their bellies too full cause the bite was very light,causing us to miss many.if they had been feeding,i'm sure we could have had a field day,the way the fish were stacked there.
    nonetheless,it was once again an enjoyable few hours on the water with the certified old geezer:D
    i did get a pic of him unhooking the first fish of the day.

[​IMG]