close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

misfit and toad do hoover

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by misfit, Jun 21, 2007.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

headed out about 3 a.m. this morning for some catfishing with toad.after about 6 hours,not one fish came to the boat:eek:
    well,at least no catfish.i did manage to put a lm bass in the boat though.we finally gave up and broke out the eye rods and took to trolling.things were still slow,but at least it we managed to put a few in the boat for a change.total of 6 boated,with biggest two around 18-19 inches.toad is a little rusty,and it showed when he lost a truely big fish at the boat when it took a dive for the bottom.i lost another good fish that caught me by surprize.i laid the rod down to relieve the pressure on my bladder,when the rod doubled and tried te escape the confines of the boat.i made the save but the fish came unbuttoned before i could get it in the boat.not too bad for about 3 hours work on a tough day.also added bluegill,perch,crappie and cat to the mix.all caught on our favorite harness.
    oh,if the pic came out,i'll post the bass later.only pic of the day.

2. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

If you wear DEPENDS brand diapers like the pros wear you won't have them there problems:)

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

mike,when we get a chance to get out,you can bring me a box:p
    but you might want to put some on yourself,cause you might need it before the boat ride is over:D

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

well,here's the pic of the little bass i caught this morning.

[​IMG]

5. Nice fish there old man. Looks like Fred didn't let you sleep much over night. :D I bet he was happy to see that fish in the boat. :p

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

LOL.i had to pay him to net it:rolleyes:
    i have an eye infection in my right eye.it looks better in the pic:D
    but no,i didn't get much sleep:(

7. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

I have a box loaded if I can catch a little one like that, wow. Got to get over this darn pneumonia, 4th time this year, thank goodness I have antibiotics laying around( my wife doesn't like it, but I paid or it, I'm using it).
    I'll hook the yak to your boat so I can sleep until a decent hour.

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i normally only get out that early when catfishing;)
    best bass i've caught in a few years,even if i was catfishing:D
    4 pounds even,20 inches.

9. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

That's a nice chunky bass Rick. Nice work on the mess of eyes in short period of time.

CG

10. toad

toad geriatrics supporter

nothing uglier than a big green carp at 5 in the morning.
    The one that got away had to be the biggest saugeye I have ever hooked, That fish did what it wanted to when it wanted to and I'm surprised I even got it close to the boat. You know its a big eye when your trolling northbound think your snagged and all of a sudden the fish starts peeling drag going southbound. Rick did do some fancy boat work to keep it from wrapping around the motor and getting tangled in his line ( he had a fish on at the same time).
    To bad I didn't find the fish ohio cat I been after. Guess I'm going to have to go out with Longbarbels to get the FO cat. ;) :D

11. Steelwolve

Steelwolve COCC- Director

Nice Bass, yea were heading up to Hoover tonight for some kittys. We did pretty good Monday , my buddy landed a 5lber then 5 mins later this 10lber hit on live sahd on bottom [​IMG] He also lost another one that was between 8-12 lbs right at the boat. (I shined the spotlight at the fish while trying to net it and he bolted and broke the line:( opps!)

Also a few ?'s for yea Misfit
    Did you find any schools of shad?
    And when were heading in for the night ive been trying to troll but have no idea what speed or depth i should be going for, I just bought a new Minkota 30lb thrust with 5 speeds, what speed would you recomend? And ive been using a Rapala Shad Rap that dives to 7ft is that a decent choice or are crawler harnesses the way to go? Thanks for any advice. And again NICE BASS

12. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

LOL.that's funny since we sat and watched him the time we were there,and all i recall seeing him do was take couple swings and misses just like you:rolleyes:
    maybe you two belong together:p :D

thanks steelwolve.shallow running shadraps should work.and i think h/j's ,rogues should too.the fish will be shallow.as shallow as a foot or two.speeds might vary so i'd try anything from 2-5 on your motor.might even try live shad:D
    you also might try casting around the boat ramps;)

13. Toad, you'd be welcome. When I heard he was coming out, I decided not to fish my "prime" spot since he hasn't paid his paltry Guide bill from last time. You and I can hit the #1 spot. You know it's funny, he describes all the techniques for those 'Eyes, yet shows picture of that Bass without describing his technique in catching it. I think it's called, "The Blind Sow" method or "Not All Accidents Are Bad" method.

Longbarbels

14. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

sometimes the method doesn't matter.only the results,which just happened to be better than you two:p

ps..............i told fred you were suckering us when you invited us to fish so close.but your his hero and he wouldn't listen:rolleyes:

pps................where's your fish picture?:D :p

15. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Nice bass Rick! Bet that was a surprise. It looks close to 5lbs

16. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

thanks mike.did feel heavier,but toad's digitals read 4 pounds.next time you find the bite tough,try an old standae catfish bait:D
    quite a surprise that i wasn't expecting.there were several busting the surface around daybreak,on the flat.

17. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

way to go rick!!! good looking hoover bass