close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Minolta Camera

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ARGEE, Nov 15, 2004.

1. I Have A Digital Minolta It Comes On But The Lense Wont Open?anyone Know Why?

2. I am not much of an expert on cameras but here is something I would try. I would make sure the battery or batteries are good in the unit. Perhaps it has enough power to work the electronics but not enough to move the lens. Beyond that I will leave this one up to someone with more experience with cameras.

3. JBJ

JBJ

On my Sony there is a selector dial for choosing to take pics, movies or just to view the pics I already took or other editing options. If I don't have it set to take pics, the lense won't open...

Checking out this thread just reminded me to charge up the batteries in my camera.

4. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

my work camera does that. it does that because of the dust that gets into the lens doors. try having it cleaned or blow it out with that "air in a can" stuff. seen it at the store before.

if you want....you can use your finger to lightly open the door, it should open. just be careful not to scratch the lens, use a light touch.

5. Everyone is correct. Either the batteries are low or there's something blocking the doors from opening. You may be able to take it to Van's or somewhere to see if they can fix it.

6. Batteries Are New....i Took It To Vans.he Couldnt Fix It..thats Where I Bought It Too..for 500$ Smackers It Shoulda Lasted Longer Than It Did..i Didnt Get Much Use Outa It.i Sent It Back To Minolta...

7. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

I hate those doors. If anyone i personally know is thinking/talking about getting a digicam, i suggest to them that they stay away from them and stick to cameras that just have a lens cap.

8. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Trapped in New York!

I had a 35 mm Minolta once. YEARS AGO... maybe 10. Lens wouldn't open after a while. Sent it to Minolta to get fixed. Was returned still not working. I should throw it away but haven't. Can't use it.