Minnows in West Carrolton

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by CatBassCrap, May 28, 2008.

1. Where can I buy minnows early in the morning in West Carrolton?

2. No where that I know of, best bet is Rod-Dee's in M'burg.

Salmonid

3. When I stopped by there in March, they didn't have minnows. The clerck said something about installing outdoor tanks in the spring. Are minnows now available there?

~Spencer

4. I think they have minnows now. They moved the bait tanks so you can't see what's in them. The airators are running now so they have some kind of live bait back there.

5. Why wouldn't they want us to see what's in them?

6. I got some nice bass minnies there about 10 days ago. I think they just got nicer tanks, the old ones were kinda rough looking. Correct, they are back behind the counter and you can not get back there, probably a safety issue as the lady showed me all the sizes of what they had. ( GF, Crappie and Bass minnows, ) I had some nice chubsin my bucket already and she was impressed and asked where I was getting them, ( no chance I was about to tell her) and she said the supplier she has hadnt brought any chubs yet but that was a while ago. I have used them for 20 years for bait and while its nothing great, I have never had any problems with it. Sometimes the GF are nice sized but most of the time they are small and very pricey.

Salmonid

7. I appreciate the advice. I went there this morning when they opened at 7:00 and the lady was really nice. I got 2 dozen bass minnows, but I swear that she gave me 5 dozen. I was switching minnows all day and I still had some left 9 hours later. Caught a bunch of smallmouth down at the GMR.