Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my boat new in February and the Power Drive v2 with i Pilot has sporadically stopped working since new. It will run fine, then just stop connecting to the remote altogether. It has also run very weak once in a while. It sure sucks when you are pulling boards then the motor quits and you are now untangling lines! Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Call MK Customer Service, I had the same thing and less then a year old covered under warranty they just sent me a new head unit and it fixed everything, they were really good about it too. They will give you a few tests to try and determine the next step from there, also make sure batteries are fully charged

Salmonid

·
Registered
927 Posts
I had similar issues last summer on two occasions on my PD55. The first time I had a loose connection on the back of the quick connect mounted in the bow. The second time I found a loose connection inside the Minn Kota where the power wire is terminated. Both times I was easily able to fix the issue on my own. So far this year I had only one instance of my terrova acting up and it appears it was overheating from the motor height clamp being set too high and the motor overheating possibly due to the extra drag created when the motor would steer side to side.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I checked the battery cables and the plug wiring (in the chop at the big lake yesterday). They check OK. Both batteries were fully charged. I will take the head off and check that, then call MK if needed.

·
Registered
927 Posts
The power termination is in the base unit where I found my loose connection. I couldn't see it I just had to pull a little then the wire came out. After I tightened it good again I didn't have any more issues.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts