close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Minn Kota Vantage????

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by kingjohn, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Anyone use one if so what are the thoughts over a traditional transom mount trolling motor??????

Thanks John

2. Juls

Juls Charter Captain

I used the Vantage 101 (36V) for the first time this year, and I have nothing but good things to say about it...it's awesome!

A push of a button and the shaft lowers the prop into the water...another push of a button and the shaft raises the prop into the stow position.

The turning radius is a 4:1 ratio, which is really nice, because you don't have to move the handle very far to make turns, like you have to do with another motor.

The power of the 101 is unmatched in my opinion. It pushed my 621 with ease in some pretty windy condtions, while trolling shallow water spinners up at Green Bay. I was able to keep the boat on course and at the speed I wanted. I didn't want to use my kicker in the shallow water, because I didn't want to chance spooking the fish. The Vantage is quiet and can do the job with little effort. With a power choice from 0-10...I was usually at level 3-4 to push my boat. That leaves a lot of power left over if I were to need it...;)

I was VERY impressed with it's performance.

Juls

3. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Juls,

Thanks for the review.

Does the shaft retract far enough to run with the motor in the vertical position or do you need to retract the shaft and then tilt the motor to run?

Thanks,
    Kim

4. Juls

Juls Charter Captain

I was able to run with the motor in the verticle position...no problems...

Juls

5. I was wanting to put one on my boat,, I dont have room for a Bow mount because the boat is set up for river drifting,a remote anchor is in the way.
    A lot of the rivers I fish I would love to have the power of a larger motor.
    But with the current and rapids a transom mount is the safest way to go.

Thanks John

6. I have a 24volt vantage sitting in my garage i would let go pretty cheap.

7. What LB. thrust does the 24 volt have ,, how old,,, and how much?

John

8. bought in 2003, 71# thrust, $200.00