Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some help making sense of this, i have a 33lb thrust bow mount foot controlled trolling motor, the last time i used it she worked fine but now when i took her to atwod yesterday is a different story, anyways heres what hapens when you put it on momentary instead of constant it should only spin the prop when i push in on the button with my foot, but for some odd reason it started working backwards i have to push in on it to make it stop spinning the prop, i dont know if that switch is bad or what the deal is but any help would be appreciated...Thanks

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Is it stuck on high on Momentary on? It could be the PC Board (like a sealed weatherproof computer board). My Minn Kota at one time was stuck on high every time I hit the button, regardless of what speed I had it set on. It was the PC Board in my case. It also could just be the button though, that' i'm not sure of.

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
Those MK pc boards are pretty shotty after exposure to moisture after a while. I went through a few of em on my 50PD on the old boat, and I think mightyduck (another OGF guy) smoked a few of his too. My guess is the board like TB suggested.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Gonna sound really stupid, but did you switch the cables to the terminals when you hooked your battery up? I had a similar situation and realized what a dufus I was soon after.

That, but the way, is my only admitted episode of dufiness. :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts