Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Minn Kota Trolling motor

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by deadbetty01, May 17, 2004.

1. i need some help making sense of this, i have a 33lb thrust bow mount foot controlled trolling motor, the last time i used it she worked fine but now when i took her to atwod yesterday is a different story, anyways heres what hapens when you put it on momentary instead of constant it should only spin the prop when i push in on the button with my foot, but for some odd reason it started working backwards i have to push in on it to make it stop spinning the prop, i dont know if that switch is bad or what the deal is but any help would be appreciated...Thanks
  2. Is it stuck on high on Momentary on? It could be the PC Board (like a sealed weatherproof computer board). My Minn Kota at one time was stuck on high every time I hit the button, regardless of what speed I had it set on. It was the PC Board in my case. It also could just be the button though, that' i'm not sure of.

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Those MK pc boards are pretty shotty after exposure to moisture after a while. I went through a few of em on my 50PD on the old boat, and I think mightyduck (another OGF guy) smoked a few of his too. My guess is the board like TB suggested.
  4. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Gonna sound really stupid, but did you switch the cables to the terminals when you hooked your battery up? I had a similar situation and realized what a dufus I was soon after.

That, but the way, is my only admitted episode of dufiness. :eek: