Minn kota shaft

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by BigChessie, Jan 24, 2008.

1. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement shaft for a minn kota trolling motor? I have been checking their site but can't find one. I am looking to extend from a 36" to a 72". If anyone has a busted non working trolling motor with a longer than 36" shaft, I would be interested in buying it from you. Thanks BC

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Give Ty Clarkston a call. He is the Minn Kota and Motor guide repair rep in our area. He usually has several old motors lying around. If anyone can get you what he needs he will.
    here's his numbers:

614-895-2928 or e-mail: ty@boatthingsinc.com

He may not be there but leave him a message if not. He's worked on my trolling motors for years.

3. Robert Woodson

Robert Woodson Woody in Akron

Hey BC,
    Try Mogadore Bait and Tackle...on Mogadore Road, they are authorized Minn-Kota repair dealers and are real reasonable and concientious about their work I'm sure that they could order one for you and get it in fast...they replaced a shaft I managed to snap while trying to get out of the water ahead of the crowd (whoops) after the fireworks at State Park this year, and have worked on provided parts for several of mine in the past.
    Hope this helps,
    Good Fishing,
    Woody in Akron

4. BigChessie

Thanks for the leads fellas! I will start calling around. Despardo has a sweet set up for bowfishing. He swapped in a 72" shaft on his motor and it is perfect. While standing on the front platform, he can steer the boat without having to bend over to do it. Hits him around waist high and I was so impressed how well it worked, I want to do the same to my rig.:D

5. BigChessie

Dale I tried to send an email to that address and it got kicked back

6. DaleM

Try to call him, he most likely changed it since I got that one.

7. Robert Woodson

BC,
    The Number for Mogadore Bait and Tackle is (330) 628-9872, sorry, I was wrong onin saying "Mogadore Road" that's Randolph Road out there, it's in Suffield.
    Good Fishing,
    Woody in Akron

8. DaleM

Chessie- I just talked to him. He doesn't have any long shafts, bu he has a motor you might want to check on. He also said they ( minn Kota ) doesn't make metal shafts anymore and you can't get new ones. All of them are composit.
    here's his new e-mail to:

tyclarkson@boatthingsinc.com

9. DaleM

I have a 28 LB. THRUST 28" shaft transom mount that has 3 forwards and reverse that I'll sell for $20.00 works great. ( that's what I had in parts) I repaired it last year and never use it. Great for small ponds or a small john boat.

10. Robert Woodson

That's a good deal for somebody!

11. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

Spencer just call up minn kota and they will get you the shaft. The shaft is
    60" that I have on my trolling motor.

12. BigChessie

Clarence that would be way to easy! lol I will give them a buzz buddy. Got the boat and trailer dropped off today. Boy have I got some work for you! lol

13. BigChessie

Someone sent me a pm about their trolling motor and I agreed to drive up and get it. Well I have lost your PM whomever you are:eek: Could you please resend your info. Thanks BC