close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Minn Kota serial number location

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Lewzer, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Can anyone direct me to where the serial number is located on the motor? I need it to get the model year so I can order a part.
    I believe it is a 1999 Autopilot 55 lb bow mount. The sideplate with the motor rest pad is cracked and I need a replacement.
    Here's a link:

https://www.fish307.com/minn-kota-auto-pilot-55-parts-1999/

2. Have the same motor...sn is on the bottom of the "head". looks like the bottom of part #68 on your drawing. should be obvious if it is still there.
    EB

3. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

It figures, the "head' is the only place I didn't look. I took the motor of the quick disconnect bracket and checked all around down there but not the top head. Thanks.

4. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Thanks EB. That's exactly where it was.

Anyone have a sideplate or a old whole 55lb Autopilot pre-2001 that no longer works? I'll take the whole thing off of you as the one sideplate I need is no longer available. Of course the other side is still available as they probably didn't break as much.

5. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

HEY LEWZER,

Give Boat Things a call and drop my name please.
    Dennis may have the parts you need.
    614-895-2628

Cheers,
    Mitch

6. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Thanks Mitch. Will do and let you know how I make out.

7. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Well Mitch. He doesn't have new. He said bring it in and he would look through old motors he has to see if any would fit.
    I took next week off to go fishing. Looks as though I will come on down to Columbus one day and make it a Hoover or Knox and Boat Things combo trip.