close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Minn Kota Parts????

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by MAINAH, Apr 5, 2005.

1. MAINAH

MAINAH Little Member

I'm looking for a place to get replacement parts for my MINN KOTA. The part I need is #2305101.(need 2 of them) Does anyone know any place close to Port Clinton where I can get these parts? I talked to a place in Michigan and they are only $1.54 :) each but they were going to charge me $6.50 :( for shipping. If I have to I will, I just wont like it. Thanks.

2. DaleM, one of the moderators, sent me to Ty Clarkston over at Boat Things in Westerville. I don't recall his number, but it is in the phone book. He sells parts for both MinnKota and Motoguide I believe.

Eric

3. Depends on how big the parts are. What are they? Maybe one of our members that live near a parts supplier could buy them and send them through the mail.

4. MAINAH

MAINAH Little Member

Shortdrift, The parts are little rubber bushings that go above the pivot pin. They are installed in the frame of the motor. Mine have dry rotted and the motor just flopps around in the frame. The Part# is 2305101. I was going to rig up a bracket to hold the pivot pin in place but I think the bushings are used to absorb some shock if the prop/lower unit hits something under water. If I hard mount it, it could break something.....and I dont want that.

5. I didn't realize you were from Port Clinton. I just didn't look. But Boat Things' # is (614) 895-2628. It's in Westerville, Ohio, and if he can't send you the parts direct, maybe he'll know someone closer to you that will have them.

Eric

6. MAINAH

MAINAH Little Member

Fixed it.....made new ones, carved out of a hockey puck.