Milton

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Jerk Bait, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Jerk Bait

Jerk Bait Jerk Bait

Took my walk at the beach today, checked the water temp. it was 58 at 12:40pm, the lake still is down 2' from summer level and at Pointview it was 56 at 1:20pm. Talked to some fishermen was told marking lot of fish also motor hit bottom between the buoy markers when leaving Point view.

2. How is the water temperature at Milton (58 degrees) so much warmer than Berlin. The weather hasn't even been in the 60's long enough for me to think that Milton could warm up that fast. Especially since at night its been in the 40's??

3. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

I could see that possible if the temp was taken in the extreme shallows with the sun beating down. That would be my guess.

4. Surface temp was 56 in Bixon Creek and a few other places compared to 45 on the east end at WB yesterday. This time of year it depends on what side of the lake and which way the wind has been blowing.

5. Jerk Bait

Jerk Bait Jerk Bait

This past monday I was at Pointview, and while at the ramps end where the concrete and walkway ends the water started, they have been dumping Berlin into Milton especially over night, to raise Milton 2' a day is a lot. Why the temp. is that warm I don't know. But when I went to Bass fishing school I was told that if you were on a road and their was one lake on one side and another on the other side, and had the same depth. the temp. would be the same but if one was 20 ft. deep and the other was 50 ft. deep their will be a difference.

Than you have the Northwest factor, which is the Northwest part of any lake will always be the warmest of the lake.

6. I'm not sure where you have been checking the surface temp at, but I fished the main lake yesterday and my depth finder never read more than 49 degrees for surface water temp. I spent most of my time between the bridges.

7. he said he took the temp at the beach. the sand on the beach will warm up on sunny days which warms the water up around it. that might have been the place to fish.

8. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

I know at Belin yesterday, the temp by the causeway was about 44 or 45, but when I got to the rt 14 bridge, it was 52 and when I went further south, I found it at 54 point something or another!!

9. NUM1FIRE

NUM1FIRE FIREFIGHTER/1ST RESPONDER

i was at berlin at the railroad bridge and the rt 14 bridge on sunday and my fish finder never got over 49.9 degrees

10. Jerk Bait

Jerk Bait Jerk Bait

Today 4/8/2008 I was on Milton, at 2:00pm the water temp. in the middle of the south bay was 56 degrees.

11. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

I know I was at Berlin 2 days in a row, and couldn't believe the difference in temps in the short moves I made. Pretty warm in quite a few spots!

12. Not to mention Milton was down 6ft from summer levels just a week or two ago...less water to warm up and when they started refilling the ground had already had a chance to thaw and warm.

13. slab sider

slab sider master member

well if your going out into the lake from pointview thers some stumps just to the rite edge of the chanle im from up there i live in fl. rite now but im mooving back in may so i hope to see yall on the lake