close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Milton

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fredc444, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Has anyone been out to Lake Milton lately, the last time I was out there the water level was really low, had to climb down about three feet off the dock into my boat. Have they lowered it more, or is it about the same?

2. Haven't been there recently, but from the little bits and pieces I've read and heard, and from an article in last Fridays Ravenna paper, that sounds about right. Not sure where you launched but I think there are other Milton launchpoints a little less adventurous. You might want to invest in some of those cheap "kneehigh chore boots" for this time of year. I keep some in my 14 ft. boat all the time just for this purpose. Try Tractor Supply-or relatively inexpensive hip waders at Dicks. I see Doug Stanke(sp?) from InFisherman using them(hippers) a lot on Outdr. Channel. He said he can get out and pull the boat if he gets stuck someplace. Just a suggestion.

3. Falco

Falco

Hi, I am going to be in the area over Thanksgiving visiting family and was wondering if the water levels were still high enough to launch and do some fishing. If so, which launch is the best one to get in this time of year?

Thanks
    Alex

4. If you want to fish Milton I would use the Point View ramp off South East River Rd. The other two are rough to get out off of because of the rocks and bad concrette. Shallow too! Watch that u stay in the channel to get to the dam end. The south end holds some shallow islands.

5. Falco

Falco

Thanks for the info. I live in the Detroit area and am still trying to decide if I want to drag the boat with me for the weekend.

6. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

The water is down approximately four feet now but they are going to lower it eight feet this year due to ice damage to homeowner's docks. I sent an email to the Division of parks and ODNR and made some suggestions as to what they could do to improve conditions at the Robinson Point ramp but I haven't heard anything back.
    They never use common sense so I'm sure nothing will be done. They are just like the government running our country. Dumber than a box of rocks !

7. mosquito is not far from milton , you could jig/blade up some eyes . IMHO . you;ll do better at mos .than milton . but thats just my opinion.

8. Falco

Falco

Is there any size/horsepower limit on Mosquito?

9. No hp limit on mosquito , fished milton the 15 of nov. The rt 18 launch is unusable and the jersey st ramp is almost the same. I launched at the jersey st one but will not go back. Real headache getting in and out.

Shame as I was getting a few eyes out of there. Key word is few though. Water clarity right now is remarkable.

10. You mean the waters still clear? The last night I fished it was and the Grandview ramp area was loaded with fish.
    Falco if your lookin for eyes then Skeeters the place. If your lookin for Bigger fish then WB would be your best chance. Either or holds LOW water and trollin will pull bigger fish. Guess that brings me to think Whalers right though! WB is so low on bait but holds ALOT bigger fish!?:confused: :)