Ohio Game Fishing banner

141 - 160 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks again John Boat. Does anyone on here drop their anchor while verticle jigging in say 10-15' FOW or are you just drifting...or spot locking on your trolling motor. Last time I was out o had my anchor dropped most of the time with no bites so I pulled the anchor. It was breezy so I was blown off my spot pretty quick.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Musky Finger
1,514 Posts
Hanging the vexilar over the side of the boat is a blast, jigging is a great way to fish year round. The fl-18 with bottom lock is awesome.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
My dudes try that but I've never done it yet.
I saw some videos of guys that have their boats completely set up to fish that way, even have holes on by he sides to act like an ice hole. That's vex dedication.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
My dudes try that but I've never done it yet.
I saw some videos of guys that have their boats completely set up to fish that way, even have holes on by he sides to act like an ice hole. That's vex dedication.
Quite a few fish finders have a flasher screen these days. I use mine on a split screen when vertical jigging.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
I've used blades jigging here and there in my life,mainly only ice fishing with little results.
but after getting a mixed bag of fish on them at saltfork, I'm "Hooked".
Hesitant to post as I had too many boats in my back pocket. Went 8 for 13. Fished in white caps for a while 10’. Temp 48. Lake down around 5’. Blades

·
Musky Finger
1,514 Posts
Hesitant to post as I had too many boats in my back pocket. Went 8 for 13. Fished in white caps for a while 10’. Temp 48. Lake down around 5’. Blades View attachment 458757
Dont worry, most of us dont get them eyes there like you. I've fished that lake in a boat maybe a dozen times and got maybe 10 keepr eyes in my life in the lake. I dont fish it much due to lack of scenery and power boats but you sir are a very blessed man to live there.

Always appreciate your updates.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Dont worry, most of us dont get them eyes there like you. I've fished that lake in a boat maybe a dozen times and got maybe 10 keepr eyes in my life in the lake. I dont fish it much due to lack of scenery and power boats but you sir are a very blessed man to live there.

Always appreciate your updates.
Very true BN and thanks!!

141 - 160 of 195 Posts