Ohio Game Fishing banner

121 - 140 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Anyone know how the ramps are? Changes have been made and I’m heading to Milton instead of Chippewa, water level ok for 19’ boat to slide in?

·
The Eagle Has Landed
107 Posts
I am heading out around noon to launch at the Mahoning Ave ramp, the Pointview ramp should also be fine, I have a 17' Starcraft, I might swing by the Berlin Dam ramp and check it out and possibly fish Berlin, for some reason I have better results and catch a more variety of fish trolling at Berlin. This will probably be the final day out on the boat until spring.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Got on with 3 eyes, half dozen crappi and a perch, everything on blades 8-10’ buddy got 1 eye handful of crappi, most fish were pretty small. Water was 50

Attachments

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Beautiful evening on the lake temp 50. 12’ blades. 5 shorts and 3 white bass. View attachment 458259 View attachment 458260 View attachment 458261
I'll bet it'll be a busy day tomorrow.!! 🤠
Hope people REMEMBER to be courteous to each other...! You know... Like not surrounding a guy that catches a fish... Then,, everyone thinks... That's the ONLY place that they are biting...!
The "fish" that one guy catches now,,came from a place, while going to another place.
Walleye.....They DON'T just sit in One spot.! They are Mauraders..!! Moving from feeding and was to the next... Following the baitfish... Everything is constantly moving.. & the Trick is... To be along the pathways they are traveling along..
Like deep to shallow transition areas...
Your odds of getting them right next to John boat,are much less likely, for the simple fact,that that SOB will get them long before you or anyone else will.. That's just how it is... He can catch a Walleye out of the ditch in front of your house...!!
.... 25 years of Fishing with Him...!!!😐
Odds are to your favor,to not fish real close,where He's Fishing...!!

·
Musky Finger
1,514 Posts
I'll bet it'll be a busy day tomorrow.!! 🤠
Hope people REMEMBER to be courteous to each other...! You know... Like not surrounding a guy that catches a fish... Then,, everyone thinks... That's the ONLY place that they are biting...!
The "fish" that one guy catches now,,came from a place, while going to another place.
Walleye.....They DON'T just sit in One spot.! They are Mauraders..!! Moving from feeding and was to the next... Following the baitfish... Everything is constantly moving.. & the Trick is... To be along the pathways they are traveling along..
Like deep to shallow transition areas...
Your odds of getting them right next to John boat,are much less likely, for the simple fact,that that SOB will get them long before you or anyone else will.. That's just how it is... He can catch a Walleye out of the ditch in front of your house...!!
.... 25 years of Fishing with Him...!!!😐
Odds are to your favor,to not fish real close,where He's Fishing...!!
I don't believe you. I got "the hot spot" pinpointed on GPS now.

Also saw jigs and leeches on his pole,not blade baits. ;)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
80% vertical unless fishing shallow flats
I love when Blade baits produce, awesome job! I just moved up to the Cleveland area last year from Columbus. Down in lakes around Columbus (mainly Alum Creek Reservoir) I casted and jigged a lot of VIB”E” Blade baits and did well catching Saugeye. Most times I was casting and doing the yo-yo retrieve. I found it does help to cut off the front hook of your front treble to reduce snags. I also added a small minnow head to the back hook of the back treble and sometimes it would increase the bite, but I mostly did this ice fishing. The minnow head does seem to effect the vibration at times.

I’ve tried throwing Blade baits in Lake Erie since I’ve moved up here, and no luck. All of my Walleye up here have come on Jerkbaits. Might have to try some of the inland lake east of me (I’m in Avon) for Walleye once the Fall Brawl is over.

Good reports John Boat, I hope the good Blade bait fishing continues for you!
Matt

121 - 140 of 195 Posts