close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Milton

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ohioman76, Jul 13, 2004.

1. ohioman76

ohioman76 Avid Crappie Hunter

I went down by the dam tonight two hours before sundown. I caught three good sized crappies and I hooked into something absolutely enormous. I was fishing with a orange jig. I opened the bail on my reel and let the jig fall to the bottom I noticed my string just kept coming off the reel. I closed the bail and took one reel and I knew I had something big. I set my drag and held on tight. The fish fought for a few minutes and then just went to the bottom. I couldn't move him after that. My line finally just snapped. I was using worms on the jig so I think it was probally a really big cat. Anyone have any suggestions on what they think it may have been. Also does anyone know how deep the water is directly in front of the dam. Also I'm wondering if there is any potential walleye to be caught by the dam. All assistance is appreciated.

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

there are a number of walleye and big cats below the dam. there are also a few large muskie.

3. How can I get to the dam... Directions?

4. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

Drive dow the west side of the lake it is at the north end of the lake there is a small parking lot at the dam You can not miss it I have not been there in a while so not sure if you can still park in it good luck it is a nice place to fish
    Rick :)