Milton Spillway

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by snake69, Dec 9, 2007.

1. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Anyone fish it of late? Thinking of going there tomorrow and trying my luck. With the water up, maybe they'll be a bit closer..... Any opinions, comments or suggestions?

2. Almost beat ya down there. Boat still has wheels on it!:D Just no motors.:confused: Lost both low end so Ill be down there this month yet throwing cranks.

3. snake69

Tried it for a couple of hours today, but no luck! The water was shootin' out. Seen a boat out and about and I wondered if it might be you. Maybe that elusive person will post and tell us who they are and how they did. Tried Berlin also, the water flowing there strong as well. Seen a boat there too.

4. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

How do I get there? I would like to give it a try. Coming from 43 and 224. The never ending search for a different fishing spot. John

5. Take 224 or 76 east out to 225. If you take 224 head north to 18 and turn right/east. There is a road called Grandview that will be on your left just before you get to the lake. It runs right up the northwest side of the lake. The dam is at the far north end.

6. snake69

One easy way to know you are at the dam parking lot is there is a bar and the police station across from the dam pkg lot. In the lot are recycling dumpsters too.

7. Wish it was me out there! Looks like Im done trollin and have too go to the vert stuff. Been 2 years solid trollin. Dont know if I can live bait fish again!:p Might be back on the branch come weekend. Got to be tough gettin a boat out on the other 2.

8. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

Thanks for the replys. Hope to give it a try this weekend, weather permiting

9. Ya don't forget that. I drove up and down that road 10 times before I figured it out!

10. snake69

It's supposed to be about 28 degrees this weekend. Have at it! Of course the weathermen aren't usually correct + down below, you're a good bit protected from the wind. I'll warn you though, all the spillways and dam are at full speed right now and are to continue that way thru early next week. Makes drifting jigs difficult. They'll drift.......at about 20 mph!

11. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Is it this bad?

12. There's only three chutes so its about half that bad! lol!

13. I hit berlin last weekend. Fishing for eyes this time of year can be funny. The level and cfs were up, typically when the water level was higher the fish would come. The last time the level was up the only thing that was producing were minnows under a float. Outlook is great for the next couple years. The spikes were plentiful and averaged 10 -12 inches. Take some live bait. It's cold enough everything is gonna slow down.

14. snake69

I just came in from work and was surprised to see the cfs coming down. It usually is similar to the Ohio river which is predicted to go up for another day or so, all the way to just about 25.5, which is just under action stage. Oh well, good.......maybe I can fish one of them this weekend. I get cabin fever if I don't get out at least once over a weekend....:D

15. I was stunned. WB has been 6' below summer pool for a lonnggg time but now is only 4' down. By Saturday morning they are predicting only 1' below pool. Not sure what's going on. They may be holding it due to down river conditions in the far Midwest or something. The bad news is if they lower them fast it might screw up the ice bite for those of you that like that sort of thing.

16. snake69

Berlin has been 8-9 ft down as of late, and I just read where it will be down only 5 ft from summer pool either tomorrow or Sat! And now the Ohio river is projected to be at over 28 ft, which is over the "action stage" by 7 pm tomorrow night! Just 2 weeks ago is was staying around 15 to 15.5 ft daily. Quite an increase. Guess I won't be going out this weekend. Well....I can see it's gonna be a l o o o n g weekend.

17. snake69

Now they are projecting that Berlin will be up to one foot below summer pool (1024.4) by Sunday. Like 1023.5. That's up about 9 ft in 8-10 days! Wow!!!
    They're saying it's gonna go up like one ft per day.

18. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Here's the spillway yesterday just before the snow started to fall.

[​IMG]

19. snake69

That's about how it looked when we were up there last Monday. Did you do any fishing while you were there? From the forecasts, it looks like next weekend might be the soonest I can get some fishing in...we shall see!