close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Milton Spillway

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JIG, Jan 26, 2005.

1. STOPPED AND CHECKED BELOW THE DAM AT MILTON AND THE GULLS 3-500 HUNDRED OF THEM ARE PICKING THEM UP OFF THE SURFACE JUST DOWN STREAM. ALL 4 TUNNELS ARE ROARING AND THE ISLAND IS FLOODED.
    MIGHT MAKE FOR A GOOD BITE! :cool:

2. The best bet would probably be to either try for Channel Catfish or White Bass......What do you think?!?!?

3. Kewl! Can you still fish down there or is it currently (pardon the pun) off-limits?

4. IF U FISH ON THE WEST SIDE ITS LIMITED UNLESS U TRACK DOWN STREAM
    U CAN PARK ACROSS FROM THE CRAIG BEACH POLICE STATION. ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE DAM THERE WAS SOME PARKING BUT ITS A HIKE. THE BOTTOM IS FLOODED INTO THE BRUSH AND ITS WADERS ONLY. PROBABLY A GOOD PLACE TO THROW A RAPALA. THE SHAD THE GULLS WERE PICKIN 3-5 IN.
    LET ME KNOW IF U GO BECAUSE IT DOES GET DEEP IN SPOTS. ONE WAY IN AND ONE WAY OUT BUT THE FISHIN COULD BE AWSOME! :D :eek:
    JIG

5. Growing up on the Mahoning, I've come to know it like the back of my hand. It's not that bad of a fishery either. Very diverse!

6. I've fished mahoning also, it's not bad because it's close for me. I've caught smallies ,panfish and huge carp that was a lot of fun fighting until it broke my line and took my lure.

7. There Going To Be Shutting The Milton And Mosquito Spillways Down In The Next Couple Days. I Dont Know What It Will Do To The Fish There But Make Them Move Tighter. Ive Taken Alot Of Small Eyes And Caught Some Nice Smallies There. Even Some Big Muskies On Light Tackle. Its Great But Ive Never Seen The Shad Below There Like That. The Ice Formed There Last At The Upper Tower Making It Shad Heven Above. ;) There Werent Any Gulls In Three Lakes.

8. Smallies? Just about my favorite fish! Jig, did you target the muskies or did they happen to hit when you were fishing for something else? I imagine they like deep, slow current areas with cover? Wonder if there's a big enough population to target them, like the pike on the Cuyahoga?

9. I CAUGHT TWO BEHIND THE ISLAND THROWING SMALL FLOATERS.IF THE FLOWS UP BUT NOT FLOODED THEY SEEM TO LIKE TO SET UP IN AMBUSH.
    LIKE YOU SAY BUT SHALLOW OUT OF SIGHT. THE SMALLIES I VE GOTTEN OFF THE ROCKS ON THE EAST SIDE. THERE USED TO BE GUYS THAT SNAGGED
    ALOT OF FISH THERE. IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A LITTLE MORE ROOM TO FISH SOME OF THESE DAMS. BAD PARKING AND U GOT TO BE HALF GOAT! :cool:

10. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

there are also some nice gills, perch and crappie there too

11. Thanks for the excellent replies! I think I will give the area a try this spring. I know what you mean about snaggers. I used to fish below the dam at Berlin and you would see guys ripping trebles through there. I believe they actually busted some people there. As far as being half goat... that's a good thing! It should help keep the fishing pressure off.