Milton Spillway Walleye Size/Limit Question

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by pipkin2000, Nov 15, 2007.

1. pipkin2000

pipkin2000 KrappieKat

Is there a size limit / amount of walleye that can be taken out the Milton Spillway? The last time I was there (last year) guys were keeping eyes well under the State size limit and were keeping everything they caught, well above the State number. I was told that the Milton Spillway has no walleye restrictions. Does anyone know for certain what's right for the Milton Spillway?

Thanks

2. In the case of milton, it's both size and quantity. Statewide, the regulation is: "Walleye, Sauger, and Saugeye = 6 (singly or in combination), size limit = None. The size limit is imposed on some lakes that have natural reproduction (like Erie) and a few others, including milton:

Berlin Lake, C.J. Brown Reservoir, Lake Milton, and the Mahoning River connecting Berlin Lake and Lake Milton = 15".

Even if the milton spillway isn't really considered part of the lake, the possession limit of 6 should still be enforced.

3. As far as I know, there isnt a size limit in the spillway. As for how many you can keep, I dont know.

When's the last time you were catchin any down there? I fished there last year and caught them on crawlers but havent been back since because they are mostly small.

4. Six. That's a statewide possession limit for walleye, sauger, and saugeye combined. The only exception is the Ohio river, where the limit is ten and lake Erie, where it (currently) moves between six and four.

5. pipkin2000

pipkin2000 KrappieKat

Thanks for the info. I made it out to both Milton and the Berlin spillways this past Saturday. Both are extremely low. I caught 1 eye at Milton and a few perch. I caught a whole bunch of eyes at Berlin (At least 30 in 3 hours). All the eyes I caught at Berlin were under size and returned. I saw one guy catch one keeper at Berlin.