Milton Perchin ?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by papaperch, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Due to health problems fishing has been severely limited lately. Anyway cousin asks me out on his pontoon boat for today. He probably got tired of hearing me whine about not being able to go. We started out to fish for crappie and gave the lake a pretty good workover. After about 4 hours of hittin in hard I boated one smallmouth and he one largemouth.

Wind was our biggest problem and severely limited our approach. Finally found some willing perch in 11-12 fow. Kept about a dozen for a fryup. They were nice and fat and produced some excellent fillets. He caught most of his using a weight and #6 hook with minnow. I caught most of mine on slip bobber with jig head and minnow.

I have high hopes for Milton becoming an excellent perch fishery. Each year seems to get a little better.

2. Glad to hear you found some fish. I have only ever caught the odd perch over there.

3. KOVO

KOVO

We Have A Camp On The River ,and Have Caught Few Perch At 11 1/2 Inches . Nice Fish , But Only A Few,

Largest FISH .To Date; (for The Camp)

Perch 11 1/2"
    Carp 24"
    White Bass 15"
    Muskie 46"
    Cat Fish 17"
    Small Mouth 15 1/2 "

Sunday The Water Temp Was 60

We're Only A Mile From The Berlin Dam , So The Water Temp Is Dependant On The Flow From The Dam .