Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
The Eagle Has Landed
151 Posts
Way to go John Boat. You got the late fall / early winter pattern down.....and the middle winter, early spring, spring, early summer, late summer.....I know your breaking thin ice to get out there, your a diehard Milton man. What's your biggest walleye out of Milton?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Way to go John Boat. You got the late fall / early winter pattern down.....and the middle winter, early spring, spring, early summer, late summer.....I know your breaking thin ice to get out there, your a diehard Milton man. What's your biggest walleye out of Milton?
Far from ice breaking as of now. 31” eye released.

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
10,018 Posts
Not really sure on stocking protocol here but have heard of some being done 🤷🏻‍♂️
I could believe it. back when the dam was breached, and the lake drained, I went out there and walked around with a legal pad and a pencil, and made my own maps. This was because the maps available at the local bait shops prior were total hokum, and I believed that somehow, someway, the dam would be repaired and the lake filled again. There are a few mucky spots out there, but not many. Much of the substrate is quite firm being fine gravel, and I found several spots that were pure sand. Other places were larger size rocks. I thought, "Man! This just looks like a walleye and smallmouth lake!"

Back in those days, Milton had the reputation as a crappie and muskie lake. That reputation was furthered by guys who didn't want people to find out how good a walleye lake it was!

Actually, I quoted the wrong message. I was reponsing to IBJ's post about natural reprooduction happening there.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts