Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from milton dam caught 2 keepers and 3 throw backs.There was a guy down there this morning that was doing nothing legal.First of all it says no treble hooks till may 1st he was ripping a vibe E second of all he snagged 3 eyes all under 15 inches and he kept them.I said something to him and he just totally ignored me like i wasnt talking to him.

·
getting jigging with it
625 Posts
you should of called the warden after the first snagged fish was caught... sad thing is its all kind of a money game anyways...Not sure of the specifics but i took one of my buddies up to cleveland for steelhead one time and told him not to worry about a license...(ya i know that was dumb of me etc. etc. not why i am telling the story) He had never been fishing before and i wasn't sure if he would ever go again and i desperately wanted a fishing buddy so i wasn't going to tell him he had to pay 20 bucks for a license... Well it turned out there was a game warden that checked us for a license i payed his 105 dollar fine and it wasn't that big of a deal to me i would of gladly donated much more to our wildlife... Well anyways it was actually only a 20$ fine so $85 had went to court costs even though he didn't have to appear... Which basically means the judges and lawers will just make that much more money...

On another note i have never read or heard anything about not using trebles at the milton spillway and have openly talked about using vibe-es with no one ever saying anything to me... I am suprised someone would be able to snag fish like that... Using the vibe's we might foul hook 1 out of every 10 fish if that...It just seems odd maybe he was trying to snag i guess...

Oh well for a long time i wouldn't even talk about the milton spillway because of all the rif raf already down there but after seeing post after post of successfull fishing trips i can only imagine the crowds to get bigger... In a few days it will be nice enough to take the boat out and i wont have to deal with scumbags or a couple guys hogging an entire stretch of river to themselves...

Oh ya and by the way there is no size limit to the walleye below the spillway (they will never leave the river)...So if the guy wants to take 3 inch walleye he can legally...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts